18; ♡ Tick Tock!

Unedited. 

                                                 ○         ○          ○

                                Chapter Eighteen; Tick Tock! 

           Nothing affected me. Seriously, for me, nothing happened, nothing changed in me. Yet, for some reason, Issac  had been acting weird around me, as if he was trying his hardest not to make me angry at him or at anybody.

His mom – Sara – was really nice. She didn’t ask me why I was here, she just led me right to the room that I always used to use when I came to visit them or stay at their house.

And she was doing the same thing. Staying away from me.

The only thing that I noticed about me that kind of changed was me not picking up my phone. I’m not saying that I usually put my phone near my ear, waiting for it to ring, but I always – or most of the times – answer it.

I hadn’t picked my phone up for many reasons, mainly because my dad was calling me and I wanted him to feel guilty, even if part of me wanted to pick the phone up, I wanted him to be the bad guy, not me.

I didn’t mind that I was being a drama queen, I didn’t care about that at all. All I cared about is not seeing her face, and if that meant to crush my pride and stay at Issac’s house for a long time, then I don’t mind doing that.

The other reason was because Anna had been calling me since yesterday, and I didn’t feel like picking up. She probably was going to get angry, but I didn’t want to explain myself or what happened to her, since she didn’t know my full story.

When Sunday rolled in, I didn’t feel that good, I felt kind of sick, and my head felt heavy. Yes, my dad called me a lot. I knew that he knew I stayed at Issac, and that I didn’t go to my aunt, but he didn’t knock the door, or ask for me.

He wanted me to have time for myself.

That was good, because the next time – hopefully there isn’t going to be any next time, ever -  I see Sandy then I probably should be prepared not to rip her hair out of her head.

“Wakey, Wakey.” Issac popped his head inside the room, grinning like an idiot at me. “You look like you had been eaten by a gorilla, but he found you too delicious to swallow you, so he spit you out.” I rolled my eyes at him.

“Yeah, yeah, sure.” I picked my phone, and bag up, heading toward the door. He made a space for me to leave. “You better remove your leg before I slap you.” I looked down at his leg that he blocked my way with it. I’m not going to fall for that.

He grumbled a little. “Dammit.” I went downstairs, and found his mom putting the breakfast for us.

“Good morning,” She said, smiling. I found myself smiling back.

Sara’s smile was amazing, she can make you smile on your worst days. She was a cheerful and happy woman who sacrificed her rich life for the man she loves. I was glad that her efforts didn’t go waste, because now she is rich, and happy with her life.

“Good morning,” I echoed her words. I was eager to see what she made, since she was a really good cook, and her food always tasted amazing.