Epilogue ♥

Unedited. 

                              ○                                 ○                               ○

                                                                Epilogue    

A loud creak came out of the huge gate as it opened wide in front of me. The wind was so strong, brushing against my whole body. I shivered when the cold breeze hit me, making the corners of my mouth twist up a little bit.

It felt great to feel the wind through my hair as I walked. Even though the place should’ve been gloomy, yet it was so bright in here, and the smell of fresh flowers filled my nose. I walked slowly, viewing all the people that were sitting near their loved ones.

I tightened my grip on the white flowers, wondering what should I say when I reach there.

It had been such a long time since I’ve been here.  I was happy to be here again. I felt a lot lighter as if the world didn’t matter anymore. My mind was free of everything.

Even with my slow, baby steps, I reached there. The gravestone was a little far away from the others. It was located right under a tree, blocking it from any sunlight.

I walked toward it, and stared at it for a minute. I took a deep breath, and put down the flowers in my hand.

“How are you mom?” I wasn’t really expecting an answer or anything. I just wanted to talk. I sat near it, looking at the sky above us. It looked so blue, so bright, and so warm. As if it was wrapped around the sun. “A lot had happened lately.” I hugged my knees, and closed my eyes.

“My dad is happy with Sandy. And she – Sandy – is alright. I know you might like frown now or something because you’re probably feel a little weird about her, but I know that you are relieved that everything is fine.” I chuckled. “I visited them last week. They looked so bright.”

It was true. They did look like the perfect happy family. My dad hugged me really tightly, telling me how much he loved me. He had this big smile that could control the world. Sandy on the other hand just smiled at me from a far, welcoming me. She probably knew that I wouldn’t like her hugging me or touching me, but even though I still smiled back at her, surprising her.

“I’m not saying that I forgave everyone, but when I was there – in my aunt’s house – I felt like everything could change. Like if I accepted everything, then I wouldn’t have to worry about anything. And I did that. Whenever my aunt screamed at me, I would listen to what she is saying – which probably almost caused her a heart attack – I mean like seriously I was like a puppy for a long time”

“Speaking of puppies, I met Adam again too,” I said, but then stopped, frowning. “You would think that we would run to each other’s arms and hug the hell out of each other, but seriously mom, you didn’t see how we fought.” I rolled my eyes annoyed. “He is still as annoying as ever.”

For some reason, I imagined my mom laughing loudly at me. “It’s a no laughing matter.” I may seem crazy to any pass by, but it felt good. “Oh, Anna got married too. To her neighbor. They looked so good together, like a couple you would see in a magazine. But honestly, I never thought she would marry this early.” It was unbelievable, even to me. “The others are fine. I guess, everyone is dating someone, even Isaac, well, except for the triplets. They are as lonely as ever.”