21; ♡ A Blushing Monster, Seriously?

Unedited.

                                                 ○         ○          ○

                 Chapter Twenty-One; A Blushing Monster, Seriously?.

               People usually say that you can read someone’s emotions by looking at their eyes. I’m not going to lie and say that I don’t believe that. I do believe it, but when I looked at Adam’s eyes, he destroyed that.

There was not a single emotion in there.

Seriously, that guy could go and try to audition for a robotic role and he would get it easily.

He was either, masking it, or he really didn’t think or feel anything. I hated to say that the longer I tried to study his eyes, the longer I noticed how green they looked today.

“What?” He frowned. I blinked a few times, trying to look away.

Stop it, Jodie.

I rolled my eyes at him. “What what?” He raised his eyebrow.

“Why are you looking at me?” Adam tilted his head to the right. I shrugged.

“No reason. Why? Last time I checked, looking at people was free.” For  brief second, he smiled, but then as soon as it came, it vanished.

He turned around and walked away. I was about to follow him, but my phone rang. I took it out and looked up again. Adam was nowhere in sight, there were too many people walking that I wasn’t able to recognize Adam.

Gee, thanks for leaving me.

I answered the phone without looking at the caller’s name, but as I was putting it near my ear, I remembered that it might be my dad, and sure as hell, I wasn’t ready to talk to him.

“Hey.” I froze in my place. It had been a long time since I heard that voice, maybe three years or more. I was almost sure that my dad called her.

I bit my lip. “Hey, aunt.” I waited a little for her to answer, but the only response that I was able to get was hearing her sigh. My aunt wasn’t the kind type of person. She wasn’t evil too, but she  was really strict to the point that I thought of running away a few times when I lived with her.

“Your dad called me. Did you two fight again?” Even though she wasn’t here, I looked away. The only person that I was able to show my weakness was her. To her I was always just a kid, and she always would say to me that I was just  trying to hide my emotions so that people would care about me more.

And I hated when she said that.

I wasn’t a kid, and I wasn’t doing anything like that. She wanted to think that way? Let her be.

“We did.” I could imagine her massaging her forehead, twisting her mouth to the side.

“He told me that you were coming here. But I never got your call. What happened?” My shoulders slumped down, and I ran my hand through my hair.

“Nothing. I’m staying with Issac at the moment. I’m not sure if I should go back to your house or not.” I played with my bottom lip while waiting for her answer, she hummed a little, and I knew the answer from that.

“You can come back whenever you want. But if you left again, don’t ever come back here okay? This is not an open hotel.” I wasn’t expecting anything else other than that. She wasn’t only strict, but she also hated having people in her house, and me living with her was like hell.