12; ♡ We can never agree on something.

Unedited.

                                                 ○         ○          ○

        Chapter Twelve; We can never agree on something.

            The streets were empty, and no one passed by us. I didn’t know if it was because of the vibes of my glares, that screamed horror on my face, scared them, or for the fact that Adam had an almost-dead, dirty, and smelly man on his shoulders.

But either way, I knew that we looked like gangsters, walking with messy look that probably told a totally different story than the truth, and let’s not forget the very neat shirt that Adam is wearing right now, that also was soaked with blood from behind.

Now, let‘s go back in time and see what actually happened.

                                                  ○         ○          ○

“Can you just stop following me?!” I said out loud, making sure that Adam was hearing me clearly. I didn’t see his expression because he was walking right behind me, and I was too tired to look back at him.

I didn’t get any answer, and that made me mad. I hated that he was ignoring me, while he was the one that followed my steps from school.

I tried to count to ten, maybe people weren’t that stupid to say that counting to ten wouldn’t help, who knows? But it turned out it really didn’t help me. I counted, and counted, but even when I was counting, I imagined the numbers throwing funny remarks at me, which made the volcano inside of me start to grumble.

“Are you going to stop?!” I exclaimed as I stopped in my tracks, and turned around to face Adam. He was blankly looking at me, hiding his hands in his pockets.

“Stop what?”

“Following me?” I said in a ‘duh’ tone. He glared at me, making me scoff.

Oh, the glare, the glare.

The monster is out.

“I’m not following you.” He stepped closer to me, having his cat right beside him. When I glanced at it, it had this gleaming light inside of its eyes, as if it was dying for us to fight.

I have to bring Finn with me next time.

“Really now?” I raised both my eyebrows at him, he nodded stiffly, making me take a deep breath. “You are obviously lying.” My arms were floating in the air as I pointed out his lie.

“I’m not, my house is in this neighborhood.” Adam insisted. I didn’t know why every time, me and him, see each other, we fight like crazy animals. He already made me earn a detention, a pain in the back, and a really strong headache.

“Okay,” I gave up, closing my eyes for a second, and tried to massage my head with my fingers. “There is another road, you could take it, and I will take this one.” I was praying to god that he would accept my suggestion.

But of course we know that we can never agree on something.

At least without fighting.

“No, I want to take this one.” He ran his hand through his hair, returning it to its original form. The wind was a little stronger than how it was in the morning – maybe for the fact that it was getting darker – and the wind was doing a great job with messing his and I’s hair.