Husband!Kageyama X Reader (Haikyuu!!) {Moving Houses With Husband Kageyama}

Husband Kageyama because yes.

Edit February 3, 2021: Finally copied and pasted the date for this but this one shot doesn't have anything that says the reader has a gender. Please let me know if you read anything that says the reader does so that I can correct it.

They say that people act differently according to who they are around. For some that's far from true. Hinata for example acts the same around everyone unless influenced by his emotions of angry and sadness.

Some people act differently around stern people. Their crush or their Mother are a few examples. 

For Kageyama, he is serious and fierce on the court. Whenever he is around me, he's kind and sweet. Nothing like the Kageyama I first met. 

My brother played on his junior high volleyball team. He would come home screaming about how much he hated this 'king of the court'. My brother is a year younger than me, so Kageyama and I were both third years at the time.

"I swear if he comes anywhere near me off the court, I'll beat him to the ground!" He shouted one night before Mother put him in his place. 'King of the court' is a very odd nick name so I snooped around for some more information on Kageyama.

No one talked about him when he was off the court. So I never knew the real Kageyama. The 'king' Kageyama was made out to be a good and bad tittle for him. Of course now I use it to make things worse whenever we are fighting over something. Back then, I thought it was really cool. He was talked like a bad person when all he needed was the right people to be around.

Until then I never said a word to him. After watching a few volleyball matches I got to see the 'king' live and in person. I was there when he went off on Hinata for the first time. 

We are now fresh out of uni. Looking back now, they were some of the greatest moments of my life. We kept in touch with Hinata over the years. Today, Kageyama and I are moving to our first house. 

"(Y/n), have you seen my ring?" Kageyama asked, stepping into the kitchen. Everything was all packed in boxes now, it would be hard to find.

"Your lucky I put it in the cup holder in the truck. Knowing you, you would lose it in a second." I replied, walking out the door and towards the moving truck.

He chuckled and shouted, "thank you!" Before grabbing a few boxes out of our bedroom. I smiled down at the ground before looking up at the clouds.

Today was a nice day to be moving everything out of our apartment. It was a spring day and was perfect for cloud watching.

"I know you would love to live on a cloud, but I did some digging and found out that it's not possible. Besides it rains all the time up there." He said, taking me out of my gaze.

"Are you trying to be funny?" I asked, "you're not very good at it."

He poked his head out of the truck, "then what am I good at?"

"Looking scary, being a setter, being a fine looking man, looking good in black, scaring Hinata whenever he hits you in the back of the head..." I replied with a smile.

He looked very annoyed, "I'm not scary looking." He mumbled.

"Aww, the king can be soft." I said and then took off running, making sure to sit down the boxes a few feet away from where he is standing.

"(Y/n)!" Kageyama exclaimed and ran after me.

He caught up with me and held me in place. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"What are you doing! We have to be out of here in a few hours!" I shouted, squirming around trying to get free.

"Should have thought about that before you called me that." He replied.

I know that I shouldn't make him even more mad than he already is. Then again, this doesn't happen everyday. 

"Kiiiinnnngggg," I said, dragging out the nick name he hates so much.

"You asked for it." 

Oh no. "No, no, no, no! Kageyama please! Please don't!" I screamed, holding onto his body.

He started to spin around slowly.

"Kageyama!" 

My head was now lifted off of his body and my eyes couldn't keep in focus. 

He laughed as he slowed back down, making sure I wouldn't hit my head on anything.

"Didn't we have a deal about you calling me that?" He asked in a serious tone, I nodded.

"Yes."

He gave me his scary non-screaming face, "even though I love doing that, I know that it freaks you out."

He kissed the top of my head and pulled me to my feet. "You okay?"

I nodded my head and wrapped my arms around him. "I know that you won't let me get hurt but you never know. Accidents happen."

His kissed my forehead and then my lips, "you know that I wouldn't hurt you on purpose. Not anymore at least."

I lended my forehead onto his, "you were so mean back in high school. I'm glad you aren't now."

"I got better once we became friends and then when we started dating."

I smiled, "that's because I put up with it and made you see that you couldn't keep doing that."

"Yeah I know. Thank goodness you suck around to change me." He said and kissed me again. "I love you, I really really love you (y/n)."

Okay so originally there wasn't gonna be a one shot today but this came into my head at the very last moment so yeah. I'm half asleep and will be getting new classes tomorrow for school. Anyway thank you all so much for reading!

LOVE YOU GUYS