Chapter Thirty: Takes Three To Tango (Edited)

"Do you think we should head back?" Dylan asks from the swing set.

"It's already past eight, we probably should." I laugh, taking hold of Dylan's outstretched hands and pulling him off the swing.

"Ah swings, the best entertainment." Dylan sighs, making me smile at him.

"You're a weirdo." 

"Weirdos have feelings to." He plays along, grabbing my hand and running down the street.

"Dylan!" I yell from behind while laughing.

We reach the O'Connell's house in minutes but instead of going into the house, I lean against the mail box trying to regain my breath. Hearing Dylan laugh from beside me, I reach over and push him.

"It wasn't even that bad of a run!" He justifies as we walk up towards the front door.

"It wasn't even that bad of a run!" I mimick him in a high pitch voice.

"I do not sound like that." He laughs.

"You sound like this." I reply in a Gandalf voice.

"That is so bad." We laugh as we walk further into the house.

"Where have you two been?" Gabriel asks as we stroll into the lounge room.

"Walking and talking." I shrug.

"Yeah, did you guys already eat the pizza?" Dylan asks, leaning against the door frame.

"We did, why did you want some?" Diesel asks, faking interest.

"Excuse me I told you to save us some!" I walk towards Diesel, slapping the back of his head.

"Hey Ava, can you show me my room again?" Dylan asks.

"Sure." I smile at him.

Pulling Dylan behind me, we walk up the stairs in silence, quickly finding Dylan's room. Opening the door I step in and sit on the corner of his bed, watching as he closes the door behind him and walks over, sitting down next to me.

“I hate him.” He speaks, breaking the silence.

“Hate who?” I question, poking the side of his face.

"Gabrielle and his goons."

"It's Gabriel and I'll tell you what I told them, just play nice." I nudge him slightly.

"I'll play nice, only for you though." Dylan smirks down at me.

"It's better than nothing." I reply, standing up.

"I'll stay up here for a while." He tells me, leaning back against the mattress.

"Okay I'll come get you for dinner."

Making my way to the top of the stairs I see Gabriel already half way up, raising an eyebrow he stops walking and watches as I meet him half way on the stairs. Wrapping his arm around my waist he pulls me closer leaning his forehead on mine.

“What’s up?” I ask, a bit confused.

“You were up there too long.” Laughing at his answer I pull away taking his hand and pulling him down the stairs.

“Where’s the girls and Harley.” I ask dropping next to Ryker on the two seater.

“Violet wanted to finish packing for tomorrow and they were Maddi’s ride.” Ryker states throwing his arm over me and squashing me into his side.

“They didn’t even say good bye.” I mutter trying to pull away from Ryker’s hold.

“Don’t worry we’re going to the airport tomorrow.” Diesel utters grabbing my attention.