Chapter Fourteen: He's Just Not That Into You (Edited)

Chapter Fourteen: He’s Just Not That Into You
Coming out of class I make my way down the hallway looking for Maddi and Violet knowing that they're interested with the situation that happened between Gabriel and I last night. I woke up late once again and only managed to tell them a small part of the story before I was sent rushing towards class.

I haven’t seen Gabriel since last night which means he still has my goddamn backpack so I’ve been “borrowing” pens and scraps of paper from random people. The only good thing about not having my backpack is that I haven’t had to see Gabriel but the bad thing though, is that he has all the shit I need for my classes.

Spotting them at Maddi’s locker I walk over and lean against it looking between the two of them while trying to contain my laughter from the excited looks on their faces. I watch as both Maddi and Violet’s expressions change from amused to surprised to angry and back again as I tell them what happened last night.

“Hey Ava.”

Turning around to see who called out my name, I’m hit square in the face by an object which is heavy enough to send me stumbling a bit. With the object falling to the ground, I look down and see that it’s my backpack. Frowning I look up to see Gabriel standing down the hall waving at me.

“Thanks friend!” I yell giving a sassy wave back at him.

He shakes his head before turning and walking away. I bend down shoving all the items that had fallen out of the backpack back in before zipping it closed and picking it up. Turning back around to Maddi and Violet, I see them staring at the place that Gabriel was standing.

“He is so hot.” Maddi mumbles.

“Uhm what? Sorry repeat that.” I ask dumbfound.

“I can’t believe you had dinner with Gabriel in his house and still hate him.” Maddi says looking at me with wide eyes.

“Are you guys living on planet delusion?” I question them with raised eyebrows.

“Gabriel is bea-uti-ful.” Violet states ignoring my comment and breaking up the word beautiful.

“He’s also tall.” Maddi continues.

“And smells nice.” Violet says making Maddi nod.

Raising my hand to stop them from talking and describing I shake my head wondering how in the hell I managed to make friends who are obsessed with someone like Gabriel.

“You know you’re describing qualities you would find in a puppy, a really beautiful, tall, nice smelling puppy but not someone who has the personality of a psychopath.”

Violet shakes her head at my comment and places her hand on my shoulder before replying.

“Ava, Ava, Ava, you should not speak ill of your future boyfriend or potential husband.”

“I should not speak ill? You do know we are living in the twenty first century right?” I say with a slight smile.

“Enough with your Bible bashing talk lets go get me some food.” Violet states grabbing my arm along with Maddi’s and hauling us towards the cafeteria.

As we enter the busy room we all stop and look around for a table to accommodate our little group.  I spot one in the far back that faces the large glass window which allows people to see outside, grabbing Maddi and Violet’s arm I quickly drag them over looking out for any potential seat stealers.

“Okay what is for lunch?” Violet asks sitting down at my right side.

“I think they have nachos or pizza not sure.” Maddi says sitting opposite us with her back facing the glass wall.