Chapter Seven: Here Comes The Boom (Edited)

As soon as I get home I take the fastest shower of my life before changing my clothes, walking home covered in soup didn’t really help me to keep calm and carry on. With nothing to do and no one to talk to I walk to my room and pick up my phone figuring I can call the one person who will listen to my problems.

After the first few rings I start to wonder if anyone is going to pick up the phone, looking at my clock I see that it's only half past twelve and as I do the conversion I know that it's going to be approximately four-thrity in the morning over in Tokyo. Sighing I'm about to end the call when a tired voice answers.

“Hello?” Dylan’s tiresome voice comes through.

“Hey Dylan it's Ava.” I answer in a quiet voice.

“Ava?” He asks before clearing his throat.

“Ava why are you calling? Is something wrong? Did something happen to you?” He worries throwing question after question, sounding more awake.

Smiling slightly I shake my head before realising that he can’t see me.

“Dylan I’m fine, I just needed someone to talk to.”

“Why? Shouldn’t you be in school?” He questions.

“Of course you would know where I need to be.” I shoot back sarcastically.

“I gotta make sure your ass isn’t getting in trouble.” He replies quickly.

“Quit trying to change the conversation and tell me why you aren’t in school.” Pouting slightly I know that Dylan won’t stop asking until he gets the answer he wants.

Groaning, I run a hand over my face before explaining my entire situation to Dylan.

“Shit Ava you know the reason you were sent back to America was to keep you out of trouble.” He jokes but I know there's a bit of seriousness hidden in his tone.

“Yes Dylan and I am trying but you know I don’t have the best of tempers.” I respond as I belly flop onto my bed.

“Still you have known people like Gabriel before and you have managed to keep yourself calm around them, what’s different about him?” He continues to question.

“What’s different is that I’m not just dealing with him, I’m dealing with a parent who thinks that I should know what to do and be all open to him, I have to deal with high school drama which I haven’t had to deal with before and to be honest I don’t have time for this.”

Taking in a big breath after my rant I wait patiently for Dylan reply. He knows how much I can take from people but he has also been there when I've reached my breaking point.

“Ava calm down, listen I know that this is the first time you’ve had to deal with high school but it isn’t the worst situation you have had to deal with. As for your dad just try and open up he might be able to help you with the shit that you left behind.”

“Dylan, I don’t do high school because they hold petty dramas and petty dramas are a waste of my time and my dad shouldn’t get to know anything, if I tell him that I need help and tell him why there is no way in hell that he would be willing to help me. He would probably kick me out and I'd have nowhere to go.” I explain in a tone laced with defeat.

There's a moment of silence as we both take the time to think about what we both said but the one question running through my mind is whether or not I will make it through high school or this year.            

“Ava I know it’s going to be hard for you but just like before all you need to do is try and find a way to release your stress. Okay?” 

Sighing, I run his words through my head. Yes I have been in this situation before and yes I have managed to get through it but it wasn't a walk in the park. During my internal fight on what I should do my phone beeps signalling someone else is calling me.