Chapter Nineteen: Rumour Has It.... (Edited)

Since my encounter with Gabriel and his friends on Wednesday he hasn’t stopped pestering me, to say that I'm becoming annoyed is one hell of an understatement. Not only is Gabriel annoying the crap out of me but my dad had somehow got it into his mind that we needed to have quality “father daughter” bonding time.

“I really want to stab myself.” I moan as I walk out of the double doors towards the car park.

“Why?” Maddi asks from beside me.

“My dad wants to spend the weekend fishing and having quality family time.” I reply imitating his low voice.

“That doesn’t sound too bad.” Maddi chuckles.

“Trust me it wouldn’t if Gabriel and his family weren’t tagging along.”

“Bullshit.” Violet exclaims hitting my shoulder repeatedly.

“Ow! What the hell man?” I ask moving away from her.

“This is perfect! Just picture it: You and Gabriel alone, lost in the forest, suddenly a wild bear jumps out of the bushes and tries to attack you but Gabriel pushes you aside and rips off his shirt before killing the bear with a nearby sword.” Violet describs in a dreamy voice using weird hand movements.

“Firstly, what the actual? And Secondly “he rips off his shirt before killing the bear with a nearby sword? You need to stop reading romance novels.” I comment shaking my head while Maddi laughs at Violets insane imagination.

“Hey it could happen!” She replies holding her hands up looking rejected.

“It will only happen in your dreams.” I shoot back while she just sticks out her tongue.

“Well, have fun on your little endeavour we will be expecting a full play by play when you get back.” Maddi smiles as Violet and her get into the car.

Shaking my head, I wave good bye before walking down the side walk towards my house. Weaving my way through the streets I arrive quickly at my house noticing three cars sitting in the drive way. Please let it be cancelled, please let it be cancelled.  I repeat over and over as I open the front door revealing large camping bags and fishing gear.

“Mother of God.” I mumble to myself as I place my bag on the first step before walking to the kitchen where the loud sounds are resonating from.

“Ava!” Mrs O’Connell exclaims as she spots me, rushing over to me to hug the life out of me before realising me and walking back over to her husband.

“Honey it feels like forever since I’ve seen you.” She comments clapping her hands, looking me up and down.

“Hmm pity.” I reply under my breath before looking around the kitchen.

Gabriel and his brother Dominic are sitting on stools in front of the island, while his father leans against the side with their mother. My father is on the other side, leaning against the opposite counter wearing khakis and a plain top completely different to his usual clothes.

“Ava.” He nods my way.

“Uh hi” I answer raising an eyebrow to the people in the kitchen.

“We have decided to leave tonight so that when we get to the site, we will have a full day of fishing.” Mr O’Connell explains.

“Yep, so hurry upstairs and pack your bags because we will be leaving in half an hour.” My dad adds.

Spinning on my heel, I exit the room picking my bag up from the stairs before making my way to my room. Taking my phone out of my pocket I see that it's already three-thirty meaning I only have until four to pack my shit.