Chapter Four: Now You See Me (Edited)

Entering into the chemistry lab I'm instantly relieved when I see that the teacher hasn’t arrived, meaning I was going to be spared from introducing myself. Hopefully no one in this class cares that a new student has entered into the room.

Walking further into the classroom I make my way to the back of classroom, where the lonely science desk stands right next to the window. Walking closer to the table I choose the seat closest to the window and place my bag on the chair next to mine.

As I'm getting comfortable in my seat the teacher strolls in looking exactly like a skinner version of Colonel Sanders. I subtly shrink lower into my seat as he starts to call the roll, hoping that he doesn't notice or call upon me to introduce myself. When he calls my name without stopping I release a breath and sit up straighter uncrossing my fingers in the process.

Colonel Sanders starts to give out instructions for an experiment straight after calling the roll and it's then that I realise my mistake. I may have wanted to sit alone but it backfired on me because the experiment requires two people, groaning I place my head on the table not bothering to tell the Colonel my problem.

Unfortunately, as soon as people start setting things up for the experiment the classroom door was thrown open revealing the most beautiful specimen I have ever seen. His dark brown hair is long enough for me to run my fingers through it and matched the colour of his eyes, his jaw is perfectly chiselled and his black V-neck shirt clings to his body in all the right places.

Realising that I'm checking him out just like the rest of the girls in this class, I clear my throat and mentally slap myself to get me out of the trance that he put me in. Moving my head to face the teacher I see him talking to Mr Perfect and leading him towards me.

Trying to calm the mental side of me, I take a few quick breaths before slumping in my seat trying to make it look like I didn’t care what was happening. The Colonel clears his throat as he reachs the bench and I take my time lifting my head

When I finally look up I notice that the room has gone a bit quiet and that Mr Perfect was looking straight at me almost as if he was trying to evaluate me.

“Hmm?” I answer in an uncaring tone.

“Yes Miss Ramirez I know that you are new and that during most of this period you haven’t participated in the experiment due to a lack in partner but your partner is here now so I expect you both to participate, understand?” He asks and even though I have a feeling that it was directed to the person standing next to him I nod any way as he turns around and leaves.

I look back at Mr Perfect who is bluntly staring at me, raising one eyebrow at him I wait for him to say something but as time continues to pass I realise that it isn't going to happen. Rolling my eyes at his behaviour, I decide to start this experiment.

“So since you’re standing, take the two test tubes on your right and mix them in the empty one on the left.” I say pointing at the test tubes while looking at him.

“I don’t understand why we are doing this experiment.” He replies in a deep velvety voice.  Taking a breath to contain my onslaught of hormones, I reply.

“It’s to do with the absorption of heat.” 

“The only thing hot in this room is me.” He comments in a cocky tone which makes me angry.

“That’s great, whatever, just do the damn experiment.” I say trying to stay calm but unfortunately he realises that he's making me angry and only smirks at me.

“Aw is the new girl getting angry, you know I’d be happy to help you relax.” He replies which is soon followed by wink.

“Just. Do. The. Experiment.” I slowly speak while trying to control my anger.