Chapter Twenty-Two: The Parent Trap (Edited)

Slowly opening my eyes I feel warmer than normal, lifting my hands over my head I stretch out my body releasing a small moan.

“Well isn’t this a nice way to wake up.” A deep husky voice resonates from my side making me snap my neck to the left.

“What the fuck are you doing!” I screech pushing at his body with enough force that sends me falling off the bed.

Groaning I roll over onto my back looking up to the ceiling which is quickly replaced with Gabriel’s face. Grinning he looks down sending me a wink before rolling off the bed to straddle me, raising my eyebrows I quickly lift up my hand to hit him but am stopped when he grabs my wrists and secures them above my head.

“Gabriel I am going to motherfucking kill you if you don’t get off me at this very moment.” I say in a quiet yet deadly tone.

“Uh uh uh angel, that wouldn’t be very nice.” Instead of getting off me he only moves his head closer to my face.

“Jesus cannot save your sinful soul!” I squeal trying to move my head away from him, he doesn’t reply only chuckles making me angry.

“Do I make you nervous?”  He questions quietly, lifting his head up so that we’re looking at each other and letting go of my wrists.

“No you make me angry, you make me pissed, you make me plot different ways I can kil-“ Before I can finish my sentence he kisses me.

Again with this shit, seriously? I think to myself. Oh shut up you know you like it. The voice replies. Oh fuck this shit. And with that last thought I give into Gabriel, kissing him back slowly. I feel him smile against my lips, pressing harder before lifting off me and looking down smiling.

“I don’t wanna hear it.” I push against him and he surprisingly gets off me.

“What a way to start the day.” He sends me a wink before walking out of the room leaving me on the ground. You fucking moron!

The rest of the day flies by quickly with Gabriel trying to find ways to grope me or steal a kiss hastily before I can stop it. When my dad and I finally get back home after the eventful weekend I'm ready to crash from the emotional and physical events I faced.

“Ava before you go upstairs can we talk in the kitchen?” My dad asks, nodding I tiredly walk behind him.

“What is up?” I ask groggily sitting on one of the stools as he stands in front of the island.

“I haven’t seen you for ten years of your life and I know that you blame me for it.  When I found out that you needed a place to stay I was so happy, but then I found out the reason as to why you were coming  that happiness was replaced with disappointment.” Sitting up straighter I feel all fatigue leave my body, replaced with anger.

"You were disappointed? You didn't help me and I suffered because of you, I suffered big time and I didn't need to!" I feel my heart beating incredibly fast as my anger increases.

“How can you blame me for what happened to you? I wasn’t there.”

“Exactly! You weren’t there! What don’t you understand?” I say raising my voice in confusion and anger.

“Don’t you raise your voice to me!” He yells slamming his fists on the counter.

“Since you have been here I have done nothing but try and fix this problem between us. I am trying to help and you’re only pushing me away!”

“You cannot help me if you aren’t around.” I reply in a monotone voice.

“I cannot help you if you aren’t willing to hear me out Ava!” He stops talking and takes in a few breaths before continuing.