Chapter Twenty-Four: She's Out Of My League (Edited)

Chapter Twenty-Four: She’s Out Of My League
Getting out of the Ferris wheel Gabriel takes the penguin that I offer to him and grabs my hand helping me to step out without injuring myself. Smiling up at him I slowly swing our hands between us as we walk away from the Ferris wheel.

“Where are we going?” I ask looking around.

“Dom texted me and said his waiting at the car so I guess we’re going home.” Gabriel responds pulling me closer to his side.

Smiling at his actions I wrap my arm around his torso and rest my head on his arm as we make our way out of the carnival and towards the car where Dom stands with another boy. Walking closer the two boys spot us and start laughing.

“Gabe wow never knew you were the chick in this relationship.” Dom jokes making Gabriel throw the penguin at him.

“Do you feel like walking home dipshits?” Gabriel asks pushing both boys away from the car making them laugh.

“Ava wouldn’t let you do that to us, would you Ava?” Dom questions look at me from Gabriel’s side.

“I don’t know, you made him chuck my penguin and that penguin’s like family to me.” I shrug getting into the car laughing.

“Fine be like that!” I hear Dom shout from outside and I watch as he turns around and attempts to walk away but is stopped by Gabriel who grabs his collar and drags him towards the car with his friend in tow.

“So what did you too lovebirds get up to while I was gone?” Dom sticks his head between the console looking between Gabriel and I.

“A little bit of this and a little bit of that.” I wink at Dom pushing his head back making him sit in his seat.

I turn the radio louder ignoring Dom’s protests and stop his attempts to turn the radio off making both Gabriel and his friend laugh. As Gabriel drops off Dom’s friend Dom gets out and comes to the passenger side, sticking his head through my window.

“Hey I’m staying over at Taylor’s so just let mom and dad know.” He doesn’t wait for Gabriel’s reply, as he runs after Taylor.

Looking at Gabriel, I see his face is a mix of confusion and surprise which makes me laugh. His eyes turn from the window to me and they soften as he sees me laughing. Smiling at me he leans over and kisses me gently before pulling away and driving off.

Biting my lip, I look out the window thinking about the way Gabriel has been acting and smiling as I realise he is the first person to treat me like this in a long time. Gabriel pulls into the driveway, parking the car I get out holding the penguin in one hand as I tiredly follow Gabriel towards his house.

Walking up the stairs together he holds my hand as we walk down the hall towards my room. Stopping in front of the door, I smile up at Gabriel and place the penguin against the wall before I wrap my hands around Gabriel’s neck, pulling him into a hug.

“Thanks for tonight Gabe.” I whisper, feeling him tighten his hold around me I smile into his chest before pulling away.

With my arms still locked around his neck, Gabriel leans down kissing me, his arms crush me to his body as our lips move in sync. He slowly moves his hands lower until I feel him lightly squeeze my bottom making me gasp in surprise.

Feeling him smirk against my mouth, he pulls back and pecks me on my lips quickly before pulling away. I look up at him smiling as I unwrap my hands from his neck and turn to walk into my room.

******

Walking up to the rooftop of the school, I lean over the ledge looking out at the people running around the track. What the fuck is happening right now? Groaning out loud, I drop my head into my hands trying hard not to scream.