Chapter Twenty-One: Bridget Jones Diary (Edited)

Standing there with wide eyes as Gabriel kisses me it takes a moment for me to respond. Pushing him away causing him to stumble slightly, I stand in front of him with my jaw hanging before reaching over to punch him in the chest.

“What the fuck? Why do you keep kissing me?” I exclaim throwing my hands in the air, pacing back and forth.

“Maybe it’s because I like you.” He replies rubbing his chest as I look at him with such force I’m surprised I don’t get whiplash.

You like me?” I ask continuing before he gets to respond.

“You like me? Well I am calling bullshit.”

“I fail to see the problem with this.” He says as he watches me in amusement pacing back and forth.

“Uhm we’ve known each other less than two months and I’m pretty sure with the shit I have done to you, you are meant to hate me not like me.” I explain slowly to him.

“Ava, you’re a chick with balls and it turns me on.” He says as if it explains everything.

“The fact that I have balls turns you on?” I ask confused but amused.

“Metaphorically.” He scowls in my direction causing me to smirk.

“Yeah well this.” I pause gesturing between the two of us. “Isn’t going to work because I don’t do guys.”

 “You don’t do guys? What does that mean, do you like chicks?” He asks confused at my statement.

“What! No! I mean I don’t do boyfriends, or friends with benefits or people!” I exclaim and then groan in frustration.

“That really makes sense.” He replies in a sarcastic tone rolling his eyes.

“Shut up, just stop talking and stop kissing me!”

“Ava, come on I can stop the talking but I won’t stop the kissing.” He states walking towards me.

Trying to stop him from walking any closer to me I start karate chopping the air in front of me so that Gabriel backs off. Standing in front of him with my hands whipping back and forth I start to walk sideways so that I can get out of this stupid forest.

“No matter how many times you tell me to ‘fuck off’ or how you ‘aren’t interested’ I won’t believe you because Ava, I really like you and I won’t stop until you are mine.” He whispers smirking at me and taking a few steps back.

Ignoring his statement I just stand in front of him replaying the words he just said to me. I won’t stop until you are mine. Emphasis on the word mine causes me to roll my eyes before replying to his smug position.

“Really, you’re going to do this possessive bullshit crap?” Folding my hands in front of me, sending him an unimpressed look. He only winks at me.

“Let’s get this shit over and done with angel, I want to go back to the cabin as much as you do.” Scowling at his back, I trudge after him with his words running through my mind. Do I like you?

We walk back towards the place where we originally started in silence, Gabriel's words running through my mind as well as thoughts of wild bears appearing out of nowhere that has me walking a bit faster to catch up to him.

Reaching the site I lean against the tree that is close to where Gabriel is chopping the wood, as I watch him like a predator I almost miss him pausing to look back at me indicating that I need to put the logs into the wheelbarrow, I send me a glare and comply chucking the logs into the wheelbarrow.