Chapter Seventeen: Project X (Edited)

“So what’s the deal with this party?” I ask Maddi as we walk out of the diner and towards her car.

“This kid who lives down my road always has a party for his friends birthdays and normally we don’t go but with the events that have occurred this week I reckon Violet is just looking for a place t-“

“To get drunk, wasted, lose her mind?” I say finishing her sentence.

“Something along those lines.” She replies smiling.

“She’s gonna meet us there so we’ll go back to mine and you can find something to wear and then we can check out the party whenever you want.” Hoping into her car, I catch a glimpse of Scarlet from the diner window watching at us leave.

“Did you see the look Scarlet threw our way?” Maddi asks laughing.

“I know right, maybe she’s like secretly in love with us.” I joke.

“Probably, I mean we are flawless.” She replies flipping her hair making us both laugh.

“Will anyone be at your house when we get there?” I ask curiously.

“Nah my parents are both working and will probably come home late.”

“What do your parents do?”

“Dad’s a lawyer, mum’s a surgeon.” She replies smiling.

“Shit, those are some high class jobs.” I comment making her laugh.

“You’re gonna love my house.”

“Probably, with jobs like that I’m thinking you live in some sort of mansion suburban area.” I laugh, looking outside the window as the car starts to slow down.

“You guessed correct, welcome to the mansion suburban area.” She replies as she pulls into the driveway of her house.

“Holy crap your house is amazing.” I say getting out of the car.

“Thanks it’s not as big as the others on the street but who cares.” She jokes as we walk towards the front door.

“So how far down is the party house?” I ask looking down the street.

“It’s like a ten minute drive.”

“Okay that’s not bad.” I comment following her into the house.

“Yeah, come one let’s go find something for you to wear up in my room” She says excitedly, pulling my hand and dragging me behind her.

“Whoa slow down there speedy Gonzales.” I joke as I stumble behind.

“Oh shut up.” She laughs, letting go of my hand making me walk up the stairs slowly.

Walking into her bedroom I drop my bag onto her bed and take a look around. Sitting down on the large white rug on the floor I watch as Maddi walks over to her wardrobe and opens it up revealing all her clothes.

"Okay to be honest I've never been to a high school party so we might need to go to the mall." Maddi mumbles dropping down next to me.

"Oh my God then why did we come to your house and not go straight to the mall?" I laugh pushing her away from me.

"Because Ava you need to know how rich I am." She replies in a snobby voice making us both laugh.

"Okay wallets at the ready, let's jet." I command pulling mine out my bag and following Maddi back to her car.

It's about a 20 minute drive before we reach the mall, both of us making jokes and singing loudly to the radio. We both get out of the car and practically run into the mall, heading to the first shop we can find.