Chapter Three: Sky High (Edited)

Getting up for school proves to be a challenge seeing as my body was determined not to leave the warmth of my bed. But all good things must come to an end, something that I am all too familiar with and in the end I managed to make it to school with ten minutes to spare. 

Waiting outside of the school building, I stand isolated from from everyone but that doesn't stop me from receiving a lot of different looks from people. Girls giving me glares and guys looking as if they actually stood a chance.

Seeing as I wasn’t in the mood to deal with anyone let alone their judgmental looks, I take the initiative and decide to find the office, trying to get some part of my life organised.  While walking around the semi empty hallway I manage to get lost as well walk straight into someone.

“Holy shit, are you alright?” I breathe out, ignoring my fast beating heart and realising that I just bumped into the chick from the cafe.

“Well hello there stranger, long time no see,I bet you don’t remember my name.” She says smiling. Scoffing at her comment I make sure to emphasis her name as I reply.

“You shouldn’t doubt me Maddi.” She laughs at my answer before replying.

“Touché, so what are you doing walking around the halls looking lost.”

“Well I was trying to find the office.” I say shrugging, making her laugh again.

“Oh my God, obviously you haven’t looked hard.” She replies in an amused tone before grabbing me by the shoulders and turning me around to face a door that has a plaque on it saying ‘office.’

“That’s a joke.” I comment as she continues to push me forward making us enter through the door, while leading me to the secretary.

“Hey Miss Owens, we have a new student called Ava and she needs her timetable please.” Maddi says in a cheery voice.

The middle aged blonde lady shakes her head with a small smile playing on her lips while typing on her computer before leaving the desk to fetch my papers.

“Here you go sweetie, have a nice day.” I smile back in reply and say goodbye with Maddi as we exit the office.

“Lemme see if we have any classes together.” She says a bit too excitedly, snatching the paper out of my hand making ‘ohhs’ and ‘ahhs’ every now and again.

"So?" I question as she hands it back.

“We have English together." She smiles.

“That's it, one?” Surprised scrunch up my face as she talks.

“We have English first but let's go to your locker.” She laughs pulling me by my arm in the apparent direction.

It doesn't take long to find my locker but it does take me a while to figure out how to work the combination as Maddi is too busy laughing her ass off.

"Okay you know what fuck this I'm done." Kicking the locker in frustration Maddi shakes her head.

"I was about to help but the bell is about to go in few minutes so lets go."  We manage to make it into the classroom in time but the teacher, Mr Shay makes me unwillingly introduce myself to the class.

“Everyone this is Miss Ramirez, she is new and going to tell us one thing she loves and one thing she hates.” Sighing heavily I compose myself before looking at the people in front of me.

“I love dessert and I hate it when girls call their boyfriends ‘daddy’ it makes me want to projectile vomit on their existence.” I end my sentence with a sweet smile.