Chapter Eighteen: Juno (Edited)

“WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?”

I don’t even have time to take my head out of my locker before Maddi and Violet descend upon me. Turning my head slightly to the left I see both of them standing with their arms crossed and eye brows raised waiting for me to answer.

“I’ve been around.” I respond taking my attention away from them and back to my locker.

“Don’t give us that bull crap, it’s Wednesday and we haven’t seen you since Friday night.” Maddi exclaims.

“Yeah well, I needed some thinking time.” I mumble failing to give them an excuse for not coming to school.

“Thinking time, really! Ava prolonging your return to school did nothing, in fact I’m pretty sure it made it worse seeing as the Five haven’t been to school either.” Violet explains looking at me with wide eyes.

“Trust me the last thing I want to do is spend time with them let alone Gabriel. I’m so freaking pissed, like, like what the fuck?” I whisper shout looking between both girls.

“Plus so many people have been staring at me and I’m pretty sure that the majority of the girls in this school are banning together to kill me.” I continue slightly pissed.

“Yeah, some bitch spread a rumour that Gabriel kissed you ‘cause you’re having his child.” Maddi tells me laughing with Violet as I frown wanting to beat someone.

“Why? Why do people hate me?” I huff, moving my hair behind my ear and adjusting my bag before closing my locker and leaning against it.

“Well you have a full day of school to catch up on all the rumours that have been spread about you.” Violet jokes receiving a groan from me as we walk to our classes.

“Just try and make it to lunch in one piece.” Maddi comments as I enter math alone.

Thankfully for me there are only three people sitting in their seats when I enter the classroom and the fact that they haven’t said anything or give me any look as I walk in makes me think that they don’t care about the drama going around school.

Giving a small smile to the teacher and doing a mental fist pump, I make my way to the back of the classroom taking a seat near the window as other students started filing in. As soon one of many girls see me they instantly start gossiping to each other, sending me glares every so often.

Biting my lip to stop me from yelling out, I decide to just look straight at the board as the teacher starts the lesson. About ten minutes into the lesson the classroom door opens revealing Gabriel and Diesel. As both boys walk into the classroom everyone immediately starts looking between the two of us while whispering.

Internally screaming at the stupidity of everyone I turn my view from the boys to look outside where I see Violet struggling to run out on the field in her gym class. Biting the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing I completely forget what is going on in the classroom until the seat next to me is pulled out.

Moving my head back to face the board I take a deep breath before turning my head to the right to see Gabriel sitting next to me already staring at me. Neither one of us speak although Gabriel looks like he wants to say something. I didn’t even know we shared this class together. I think to myself as I turn away and start writing down the equations on the board.

For the rest of the lesson I feel Gabriel’s eyes burning holes into my side but I refuse to look at him. I'm also aware of everyone else’s “subtle” stares they give the both of us and whenever I catch the eye of a girl looking between the two of us it automatically earns me a glare.