Ice Bucket Challenge

So this is going to be a more serious rant. But that's okay, because sometimes serious issues need to be addressed. And I just need to share this with you all.

Out of all of the challenges I have seen on the internet, this "Ice Bucket Challenge" by far is the dumbest one of all. I don't know how many countries or states are participating in this challenge so I will briefly describe it in a bit. But here in the United States (that is the closest I will ever get to announcing where I live XD) I feel like people have been going hog wild with this challenge.

So basically, this ice bucket challenge is to raise awareness of the disease Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). And basically, this disease slowly paralyses it's subjects over time to where you basically become a vegetable. You can't use your limbs, you can't eat on your own, or walk, or even breathe, you have to be helped with EVERYTHING. And I am happy that people are raising awareness and everything. But honestly how does dumping some ice water on your head help ALS patients?

First off, here in America we are experiencing a three year drought. So why the hell are you wasting water? Farmers could be using that water to irrigate their fields, trees, and crops. You could DRINK the water, you could water your own plants with it, you could do so much more things with that water than DUMPING IT ON YOUR HEAD.

And people do it in the most annoying way. While I'm on social media, all I see is " #IceBucketChallenge " and I want to head desk so badly and scream. Stop doing this challenge. Why don't you challenge your friends to donate some MONEY so that it can be put towards finding a cure for people diagnosed with ALS? And I bet you most of the people who do this challenge don't even know why they are doing it. They just do it because it's  "trend" and it's "In" right now. You are pathetic. Seriously, go home and rethink your life choices right now.

People are dying from this disease. Nearly 30,000 people currently have ALS. They are losing the ability to do simple things like walk, run, button up a shirt, type, text, drive, even breath. They are DYING and you are screaming and giggling thinking everything is hunky dory because you are going to get a bunch of "likes" on Facebook and instagram because you poured some water on your head.

*Sarcastic slow clap* Well done people. Well done.

This is why I am losing my faith in humanity. Don't be stupid, don;t accept this challenge just because your friends or school mates are doing it. Be smart, look up what ALS actually is, then rethink this okay?

Thanks.