Evan Hansen » Farewell Party

2018

A splendid year for most, still slightly miserable for Evan.

2018 was really stressful for him seeing that he still has no friends, aside from Jared who is his “family friend.” he also managed to develop a little- well huge crush on (Y/N), who is also a senior.

“Evan. Evan? Evan!” Jared snapped his fingers infront of his face as Evan stared across the cafeteria blankly.

“W-What is it Jared?” He asked, annoyed. “You've been staring for like a long time. You day dreaming about (Y/N) again?” Jared teased, making Evan's cheeks go from normal to bright shade of pink.

“T-That's n-n-none of your business Jared. I-I-I gotta get to class.” Evan stood up quickly, carrying his books in hand.

The anxious boy walked through the crowded halls of his highschool, clumsily bumping into most people, praying he wouldn't get beaten into a pulp.

“Ow! Oh my gosh.” He heard someone say as he wearily walked. “M-My bad. I-I-I'm sorry.” He stuttered as he helped them pick up their stuff.

Once he'd hand the final book, Evan managed to look up and notice who it was. He nearly killed himself for being so clumsy and dumb.

“Thank you so much.” (Y/N) smiled at Evan who was now beet red, making (Y/N) a tad bit confused.

“Are you okay? I'm (Y/N) by the way.” She smiled brightly, her friendly trait coming through. “Y-Yeah no I-I'm o-o-ok. My n-name's Evan.” Evan stated, looking down at his feet.

“Good to meet you Evan. So I have this farewell party for the New Year's on the 31st. If you want I can text you the details.” She said out of the blue before examining his soft features.

“I-I'm not sure. I-I-I can't do b-big crowds.” Evan replied bashfully. “Oh don't worry. It's 20 people tops. You, my friend, are VIP.”

“U-Uhm, y-yeah o-ok. I'll d-do my best to make it.” Evan smiled, trying his best not to sweat too much.

“Better not disappoint Evan. I'm counting on you. Here are my details.” She handed him a piece of paper with all of her details.

(Y/N) walked away from Evan. Jared was right behind him who saw the whole thing.

“You got balls Hansen.”

Evan jerked his head begind him, seeing Jared with a smirk. “I-It's n-n-nothing.” He shook his head with his face still beet red.

“Proud of you.”