Ben Tyler Cook » If I Could Tell Her

Ben's POV

"How am I gonna tell her?" I asked.

"Oh oh! Do it Dear Evan Hansen style!" Josh said, sipping his tea.

"What do you mean?" I questioned back.

"If I Could Tell Her duh?" He said in a 'matter of fact' way.

I slowly nodded my head, now knowing what he was implying. "So you're telling me to be like 'Somebody likes you but they don't know how to say it'?" I asked again. Josh nodded his head, once again sipping his tea.

I rolled my eyes and stormed off to my room and texted (Y/N)

Beynnn: Mind if I come over tomorrow? I think Josh and his girlfriend are going out so I'm lonely tomorrow...

(Y/N): Absolutely! 5pm??

Beynnn: Coolioooo

"Let's see if this'll work..." I said to myself.

"I probably sound like a lunatic right now."

"Yes I do... So I'm gonna stop."

Yes.... I did just have a conversation with myself.

« next day »

"Josh! I'm gonna go and execute your genius plan!" I yell into his room as he was getting ready for this so called 'date' with his girlfriend.

By date, I meant he forced his girlfriend to go out just for me to have an excuse. His girlfriend was really sweet about it while I on the other hand was confused and a teeny bit annoyed.

As I was walking towards her apartment, my palms were getting sweaty, I was more fidgety, oh no... She's definitely gonna notice. C'mon think of an excuse! No... That's not gonna work. Well let's just watch what happens...

I knocked on her door, getting an immediate reaction seconds later. "Hi!" She beamed. "Hey.... So you know Joshy left me alone at the apartment again... Thus why I wanted to hang out you." I smiled.

"Well come in then! I just stocked my fridge with snacks and stuff." We ushered our way into her apartment which was surprisingly unorganized. "Sorry about the mess, I'm just really busy with a new show so that..." She explained herself.

C'mon Ben! Just talk to her basically in third person but not to spill anything.

"I think I have some tea to spill that could relieve some of your stress" I said, sitting on her couch.

"Ooohh do spill." (Y/N) was now getting more and more intrigued. Good.

"I've been listening to rumors about the amazing (Y/N) (L/N)--"

"Shut up! I've been in one Broadway show!"

"--Anyways, so I've heard that someone has a crush on you. And I just happen to know them." Uh oh. My palms were getting more and more moist again!

"W-Well, what'd they say about me?"

"O-Oh a lot of things! Like uhm they said that your smile can brighten up their day. The way you have those cute cheek dimples appear when you laugh. They also said about how amazing of a person you are. How sweet and caring you are. How talented you are. T-They couldn't express themselves enough to you. Though, t-they're scared that you'd reject them. They're scared that you won't return their feelings towards you back. They are absolutely terrified... That's why they're hiding behind this person. W-Which is me." I finally sighed in the end.

Not gonna lie. I think she's on to me. You see (Y/N)'s a smart girl. Also I already knew this but why did I even agree? Was I that eager to finally let it out?

"B-Ben? Is it okay if you tell me who this is?" She asked. Will I tell her the truth? I know I can't lie. I have to.

Here goes nothing...

"You're gonna hate me... I-It's me." I said in the smallest, most quiet voice I've ever had.

"Ben..." She whispered as she gave me a tight hug. "I'm sorry... You probably hate me now. I know you wouldn't want me or like me as your other half." I whispered back.

She let go off me "N-No don't be sorry... Ben.... I love you way too much.".

"Probably not the way I love you..."

"Ben you're wrong... " Then she kissed me. She kissed me right then and there.

"You probably do then." I smiled after she pulled away. "How's about we get a cheese pizza with a stuff crust? I can't handle drama anymore." She offered. "Yes please. Then we can watch old musicals and cuddle like an old married couple." I smiled.

"Just you wait Ben, just you wait."

Ahhhhhh this was horribleeeeee

Love y'all

-Shelly♡