Evan Hansen » Farewell Party II

requested by marli-is-here

SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY

Evan:
Hi, (Y/N).

(Y/N):
Hey Evan! Address is 221B Baker street near the plaza. See you later at 5pm. Gotta tell ya that this party does not end at 12am. So hopefully you're cool with that.

Evan:
Absolutely fine. See you later.

Evan typed his response with sweaty palms as he was getting more and more anxious that (Y/N) actually asked him to go to her exclusive party. He shook his head and continued to write his little pep talks as said by his therapist.

Dear Evan Hansen,

This is gonna be a good day and here's why:

Because today, you are going to (Y/N)'s New Year Party which is very exclusive on her part.

Well, now all you have to do is communicate and function like a normal human being with the other 19 guests at her house. Also just be yourself, because that's all that matters right?

Sincerely, your most and dearest best friend,

Me.

He closed his laptop and took a deep breath before deciding on what to wear. Evan decided that seeing this is a New Year, he decided not to wear his khaki pants and rubber shoes, instead he wore something to more of a Phil Lester style. Black jeans and a shirt that grabs attention.

He was now doubting that choice.

Evan arrived at 221B Baker street ;) still very fidgety with his fingernails and clothes before knocking on the door.

“Evan! You actually came! I was worried you'd turn my invitation down.” (Y/N) greeted before ushering him inside.

Her home was bigger than his and he was slightly baffled on how many antiques there are. “N-Nice place.” Evan said, looking around the main area where most of the decorations were hung and guests were hanging at.

“Thanks. So why don't you just hang here while we wait for more guests?”

Evan nodded and awkwardly sat at a loveseat near the coffee table, contemplating to whether or not he'll whip out his off-brand cellphone and be laughed at to escape an awkward atmosphere.

He decided not to, so he just sat there, observing the room looking at every possible detail of the antiques just so he can avoid talking to people.

2 hours later, music was blaring throughout the house and he was utterly confused to how much noise a small group of people made.

Evan felt panicky and anxious, he didn't have his pills.

Shit.

So he did the second best thing to relieve himself. He locked himself in the bathroom and tried to breathe slowly. But he couldn't, his mind was racing a mile a minute.

He didn't notice but tears started to run down his cheeks as he was hyperventilating.

This is it Hansen. This is the time where you make a fool of yourself infront of the person you liked the most and the one who FUCKING invited you to this party. Why are you crying anyways?

He talked to himself inside the bathroom, trying to calm himself down but he couldn't. So he just shouted at himself since he figured no one heard him because of the blaring music.

But someone did.

And it was (Y/N).

(Y/N) knocked on the door concerned that one of her guests might be stuck inside. She knocked three times first, before forcefully opening it with a key because of her suspicions.

“Hello?! Are you okay?!” She asked loudly.

“Y-Y-Yeah I-I'm okay!” She heard someone reply, she sighed of relief.

“Sorry for bothering!” She screamed once more before going back to the main area.

Evan was still inside and didn't calm down one bit, but he practically scolded himself to man up and face the party and (Y/N) like an actual senior.

He got out and tried to cover up the part where he was crying for 20 minutes.

The lights were dimmed though with a spark and glow of disco lights. His eyes were red and his cheeks and eyes were puffy, though you could only see it up close.

Evan walked near the main area and sat himself on the loveseat once more. (Y/N) noticed and comforted her new friend.

“Hope you're having fun.” She stated, sitting beside him.

“O-Oh y-yeah, of c-course.” He replied, his vouce still nasally from crying.

(Y/N) faced Evan to try and continue the conversation when she noticed his eyes and cheeks were fluffle and his chests was rising and falling at a fast rate.

“Are you okay? You look like you've been crying. No, wait, this is my fault for bringing you into this. I'm so sorry.” She rambled.

“I-I-It's fine. I-I-It's n-nothing. I was just b-being a l-loser.” He forced a smile.

“Evan no. I am taking you home, you clearly still are anxious. I am so sorry for dragging you here.” (Y/N) grabbed his arm and led him to the front of the house to where it was peaceful.

“I'm sorry. I didn't know your anxiety was that severe. Please, I hope one day you can forgive my ignorance.”

Evan nodded and smiled politely not knowing what to say.

“Bye, Evan. See you next year.” (Y/N) said before leaning up quickly and kissing him on the cheek.

“I'm sorry again.” She whispered.