Anthony Norman » Nerves

Requested by Nerdiverse

Hope you like it!! It's a lil' short ✌

(Y/N)'s POV

I got ready for the first act, tying up my boots and fixing my wig along with the small cap that came with it, just making sure everything is neat and clean.

It's been a few months since I've joined the cast and I've made some great friends specially this guy. Anthony.

He's in the ensemble of the Newsies National Tour right now but tonight, he is making his principal debut as the lead. Jack Kelly.

I'm actually really excited to play opposite someone who is near and dear to heart. I mean he is actually really great! An amazing tenor, dancer, actor.

You name it, he's great in that area.

I'm like really excited! Probably too much... I mean look at him! He's like really really really cute.

Ah shit.

Well nevermind... Stay professional! He probably doesn't think of that way towards you!

As I was recollecting myself as well as getting into the mimdset of Katherine, A knock on my door was heard and to be honest, it sounded quick and panicked. Probably Anthony.

I quickly opened the door to reveal a nervous looking Anthony, fidgeting with the ends of his suspenders.

He's so cute.

“Anthony! What brings you here? Come on in!” I excitedly said before he plopped down on a bean bag chair next to my vanity.

“So is everything alright?” I asked, sipping my tea. “I-I wouldn't say alright... But... It's not good. I'm like really nervous to be Jack. I mean have you seen Dan DeLuca??” He spat out at almost light speed.

“Okay, calm down. I was like that when I had my first show remember?” I asked him, he nodded in return.

“And do you remember what you told me?”

“Breathe slowly and deeply. Think positively.” He replied. “So just do what you said. Breathe, in and out. You are great. You are amazing. There is nothing to worry about okay?” I replied.

Anthony nodded his head and faced me. “Thank you.” He smiled before his breathing was normal again.

“5 minutes! This is your 5 minute call!” Our stage manager's voice blared through the speakers.

He and I looked at each other with hope that everything will be alright. “I guess you have to go to places.” I awkwardly stood up and rocked on my heels and toes.

“Yes I do... I'll see you onstage?”

“Of course.” I laughed.

“Hey uh (Y/N)? I'm a method actor so uh...” He cut himself off before kissing my lips for a few seconds.

“You're not really a method actor are you?” I asked, shocked and breathless.

“No not really.” He replied before dashing off.