Joshua Burrage » Children

I just got this weird but hopefully really cute idea so hope you enjoy!

(Y/N)'s POV (6 years old)

"Mom! Josh said that he's coming for a play date later!" I said running into our living room.

"That's great sweetie! Do you want me tp make bacon as snacks?" My mom asked. "Yes please!" I smiled as wide as I can before climbing up the stairs.

You see, Josh and I are the bestest of friends there can be! Our parents are friends so we grew up together. We always have play dates, we go to school together and a lot more!

Though it's sometimes annoying because our other classmates tease us because we would never leave each other sides.

After I cleaned up my (f/c) room, I hear our doorbell ring. Meaning Josh is here!

I ran downstairs and opened the door before my mom could move a muscle. "Hi Josh! Hello Mrs. Burrage!" I greeted them respectfully as mom always say.

"Hi sweetie! Where's your mom? I have something to tell her." Josh's mom say to me so I yelled for my mom who was in the kitchen.

"Mom! Can (Y/N) and I play now?" Josh eagerly asked. His mom nodded her head, as Josh ran towards me. "C'mon! I have the kitchen play set already!" I yell excitedly as we both run up the stairs up to my room.

"Yes! I also brought some of my toys so we could play prince and princess." Josh pulled out some of his superhero toys. "Good idea! I always like playing prince and princess with you." I gave him a cheeky smile and pretended to cook.

"I know! It's just like we're married or something." Josh laughed. "I think we should do that when we're older!" I said.

"Yeah! Let's go tell our parents!" He said before pulling me up as we rushed back down the stairs.

"Mom! Mom! When we grow up Josh and I are getting married!" I said happily, clapping my hands together. "That's great darling! Oh and Josh, when you grow up, you must take care of her alright? Like how a prince takes care of his princess." My mom said to Josh.

"Mom! Whadya' think?" Josh asked. "I think it's great! But you have to marry each other when you grow up okay? And not now, you are far too young!"

"We're getting married!" Josh and I said together, doing our handshake.

« Time Skip, about 20 years later »

"Josh! Put me down!" I screeched throughout our apartment. "Why would I?" He said in defence.

"Because I'm pregnant!" I laughed and screeched at the same time. "Oh yeah right.... Sorry." Josh finally put me down and sat me on his lap.

"Still can't believe it, after all these years..." I sighed.

"Why? Did you regret it?" He asked. "Ofcourse not, not even one second." I nuzzled my head at the crook of his neck. "I still remember when we would play prince and princess up in your room. Then out of nowhere I had the idea to get married." He chuckled at the memory.

"Even our moms were on board!" I laughed.

"Worked though." Josh said. "Now were married and expecting a little one running around." He continued.

"Seems like it was only last week... Time does fly if you're with someone you love." I responded.

"You're amazing, I love you." Josh said kissing my temple. "Let's do this properly shall we." I joked, making Josh roll his eyes. He cupped my cheek with one hand as the other pulled me closer to him, I rested my arms on his neck. Finally our lips collided with such love and compassion.

I truly love this man.

"Hey Josh, I love you too." I said when we pulled apart.