Evan Hansen » Noticable

(Y/N)'s POV

So if you know me you'd know that I am fairly popular in my school. I have the majority of my schoolmates follow me on social media. I have a lot of friends (though some of them are fake), people know me around the halls and the teachers know me a good amount.

Being a popular kid doesn't mean I have to be rude and that I don't pay attention to the said losers of this school. I genuinely like talking to them, for instance I talk to this guy Michael who has a friend (I think, they might be dating), Jeremy who I also casually talk to.

Well for now they are, but I started noticing this guy in most of my classes. I believe his name is Evan Hansen, the guy who wears khakis, the one who has a cast and the dude who cannot speak a sentence without stuttering a whole bunch.

So being the good social butterfly that I am, I decided I should talk to him one day.

Evan's POV

“Evan!” I hear someone yell my name as I put my belongings into my locker. I jerked my head into the said direction the voice was from and noticed it was Michael Mell, a fellow loser as I might say.

“Y-Yes?”

“You know (Y/N) right? Well of course you do! But anyways, I've kinda been talking to her for a bit now and she told me she wanted to talk to you.” He explained.

But hold up. (Y/N) (L/N)? The popular kid in my grade? Not to mention my long time crush since Sophomore year? Wants to talk to an even bigger loser?

“W-what???” I questioned in disbelief. “Yeah you heard me!”

“W-W-Why does she want to talk to me?”

“I don't know. But it's probably you're becoming more noticable with that cast of yours.”

I nodded my head before seeing him dash off to class. Feeling that my cheeks were getting red with embarrassment and shock, I quickly put back my stuff in the locker before going out into the benches outside since it was free period.

I just hope she doesn't talk to me today... Because I am not in the right mental shape to be talking to my crush who is wayyyy more popular and cool than me.

(Y/N)'s POV

Free period nice. I have nothing better to do so I decided to go to the benches and play on my phone.

But before pulling my phone out of my pocket, I saw a fairly familiar face that I've been longing to speak to. Yes indeed I was right, it was Evan Hansen.

So I walked- rather jogged over to where he sat and talked to him.

“Hey Evan!” I cheerfully greeted him. I saw him nearly jump in surprise which just up-ed his level of cuteness into a 10.

“Hi. (Y-Y/N)...”

“I just like have wanted to talk to you and be friends with you knowing that we're in each other's class quite often.”

“O-Oh...”

“Is there a problem Evan? I could totally back off if I'm invading your personal space.”

“N-No i-it's just t-that you're s-so popular a-and I-I'm like a loser w-which is v-very weird that y-you're speaking t-o me right now.” He spoke very quickly.

“I guess you really don't me huh?” I sat down next to him.

“Yes, I am popular in this school but that doesn't mean I can't talk to guys like you. I mean I'm just popular because I do theatre and I make friends easily. Being popular doesn't always translate to being a rude bitch all the time.” I explained.

I looked up at him and he's just there. Adorably staring at me.

“Is there something on my face?” I asked him.

“N-N-N-Noooo! I j-just uhm think t-think that you're pretty...” He nearly mumbled those last words. As I could clearly see him face palm himself mentally.

“Thank you very much Evan.” I replied.

“B-But w-why're you t-talking to me anyways?” He asked, his head low probably from embarrassment but I honestly thought it *cough* he was cute.

“I don't have an exact reason but it's just you're becoming more and more noticable. In a good way.”

After I said that I hear the bell ring meaning that free period is over.

“Gotta go Hansen, the theatre needs me.” Before dashing off I quickly pecked his cheek.

Oops I guess?