Jack Kelly » New Reporter

I swear I'll write new ones😂😂 but enjoy!! Fyi this is a bit lengthy so prepare yourselves

(Y/N) (L/N), born from a middle-upper-class family making the (L/N)'s live comfortably and freely. The father Thomas (L/N) is an owner of a nearby theatre. His wife Bernadette (L/N) (I'm sorry if that's your name, just change it to which one you'd like) was one the most famous designers in that time. Then there's Lawrence (L/N) the eldest child, currently studying at Harvard Law.

Lastly the youngest (Y/N) (L/N), a simple girl aspiring to be either a reporter alongside her friend Katherine Plumber/Pulitzer or a theatre performer just like Miss Medda Larkin.

"Father? Can I meet with my friend Katherine today?" She asked politely, eating her breakfast rather quickly.

"Ofcourse (Y/N), just be home before dark." He looked up at her and gave her a slight nod.

(Y/N) stood up from her seat and walked by the door. "I will. Thank you father." She smiled, before exiting their house.

(Y/N)'s POV

I stepped out of our house, the chilly New York wind hitting me, sending a slight shiver down my spine. My best friend since birth Katherine, asked if we could meet because she has exciting news for me.

She decided to meet with me at this deli, near the circulation gate and I am still clueless to why she did this.

I was walking down the streets, enjoying the current weather, it was sunny but still chilly. When newsboys start to emerge from the circulation gate and yell outrageous headlines.

I smile crept up on my face to see how proud these boys were of their "craft", they were still happy even though they were just earning cents. A few of them smiled in my direction and being a polite human that I am, I smiled and waved at some of them.

After a few more moments of walking, I found the deli and saw Katherine sitting at a booth near a window.

I got in and waved at her. "Hi." She smiled brightly, too brightly. I looked at her suspiciously. "Hi, what was the exciting news you were talking about?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh right! I remembered you told me almost everyday that you wanted to be a reporter so..." She trailed off

"So?" I questioned her.

"I got you a spot with me at the New York Sun!" She grinned, clasping her hands together. "Excuse me what?" My eyes widened, is my mind playing tricks on me again? "You heard me!" She smiled.

"Oh my goodness! Do I need to have an interview? O-Or do I need to submit an--"

"Calm down! Remember when I spent the night over at your house?" I nodded my head.

"I may or may not scavenged for your practice articles and may or may not have submitted them to my editor..." She trailed off, looking innocent.

"Kath if you do this again I wil--"

"Food right!" She cut me off, making me roll my eyes in defeat.

« Time Skip »

"Ready to go?" I asked, picking up my purse from the seat. She nodded her head yes before getting up from her seat.

The two of us walked out of the deli. "So see you at work tomorrow!" She happily chirped as we stopped at the entrance of the deli. "I still can't believe you did that for me!" I laughed. "That's what friends are for." She smiled patting my shoulders reassuringly.