David Jacobs » A

(Y/N)'s POV

"NEWSIES OF NEW YORK WE WON!" Jack yelled from the podium as the other newsies with Katherine and I watching from below. All of the newsies cheered and hugged each other. They jumped up and down, smiling from ear to ear that they finally got their rights.

Katherine engulfed me in a bone crushing hug as the cheers from the newsies continued. "They did it!" I exclaimed still in the hug. "They did!" She pulled away, smiling. I strayed away from Katherine and tried to find Davey... My boyfriend.

I weaved through a bunch of newsboys clutching still clutching each other in excitement. I saw Davey's newsie cap after jumping up and down because of my damn height.

"Davey!" I yelled out, running towards him. "(Y/N)?" He questioned himself looking around. I tapped on his shoulder as his face immediately lit up when he knew it was me.

I smiled up brightly at him before he could engulf me in a hug. He spun me around as if nobody was watching. "You guys did it! You won!" I beamed out of excitement for them. "Not without you and Katherine's help." He smiled putting me back on the ground. "Shut it." I laughed.

"Guys look!" We hear Les exclaim, we cocked our heads in the direction he was pointing.

He was pointing at Jack and Katherine kissing in the middle of the crowd as if we weren't there. I looked away and managed to stifle in a laugh to see Race smooching his own cigar.

"Hey Jack! You in or out?" Davey questioned, making the couple break out of their kiss. "I's was busy!" Jack exclaimed before slamming his quarter right infront of Weasel. The rest of the newsies cheered and laughed along.

As I was watching the boys leave excitedly to their selling spots, I feel someone tug on my skirt, I look down and noticed it was Davey's little brother, Les. "Hi (Y/N)!" Les beamed hugging me leg. I bent down to reach his height, "Hello Les!" I said back smiling.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked, shyly. "Ask away." I replied. "Will you sell with me and Davey?"

I pretended to think, looking back at Les then Davey. "Please?" Les said with his signature puppy dog eyes. "Well why not? I'll go with you two!" Les' face lit up and jumped up and down clasping his hands together.

"Thank you (Y/N)! Now let's go!" I stood up and Les basically dragged Davey and I to their selling spot. "Looks like I'm with Les today." I laughed in Davey's ear. He frowned at statement making me laugh louder.

"Okay, you two just sell your papers while I buy us some food." The both of them nodded and I gave Davey a kiss on the cheek before walking off to a nearby bakery.

At the bakery, I bought us, three bread rolls and a small chocolate drink for Les. As I was walking back, I saw two very familiar faces... And they weren't particularly nice. I kept my eyes darted as far away from them as possible but they still saw me.

I stopped in my tracks when I hear them call my name. "(Y/N)!" I turned my head around and the two most vile people I've known appeared infront of me.

"What do you want Oscar? Morris?" I said as if venom was coming out of my mouth. "Woah woah, feisty today is we?" Morris cocked a smirk in my direction, making me snarl.

"Again. What do you want?" I asked, anger dripping in my voice. "Well we's just want ta' see our favorite goil'!" Oscar said. "Ha ha. Very funny." I sarcastically remarked. "It won't be funny when I get my hands on your pretty little boyfriend huh (Y/N)?" He mocked. This made me angrier than ever before. So with all of the anger building up inside me, I managed to muster up enough power to clutch Morris' collar.

"What'd you say?" I clutched his collar tighter, slowly constricting his breathing. "Because what I've heard was that you were gonna get your filthy hands on Davey. Am I right Morris?" He nodded his head in fear. "Well, if that is the case, what if I get all of the newsies in this borough to beat you and your brother into a pulp? Oh! Did I mention that the governor of New York is my beloved grandfather? How funny would it be if I get him to get you two in jail?" An evil laugh escaped from my lips.

Morris looked at me in fear as I saw his brother run away. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have no further business here. And if you ever bother me or other newsies in all of New York, your petty ass would be sorry." I let go of him and plastered on an innocent smile before going back to Davey and Les' selling spot.

"Geez (Y/N), what took you so long?" Davey asked, getting the food from my hand. "Oh it was nothing, the Delancey brothers just bothered me for a quick second." I took a bite from my bread roll. "How'd you come out not hurt?" Les asked innocently, sipping his chocolate drink.

"Well let's just say that I nearly killed them with a few words from my mouth." I said as innocently as possible. Both of their jaws dropped wide as I continue to eat my bread roll. "What? You'll thank me later." I innocently smiled.

Davey rolled his eyes and continued to sell his 5 remaining papers. Sunset came along and Davey and Les insisted that I'd come to dinner with them. We arrived at the Jacob's household and their mother and Sarah warmly greeted me to into their home.

"Thank you for letting me join you." I smiled warmly as I took a bite of my food. "No problem dear, you're family now." Davey's mother said. I nodded my head gingerly as we continued to eat, doing small talk here and there.

Soon enough, dinner was finished and Davey as the gentleman he was walked me home. "You still don't know how happy I am for you guys." I smiled up at him as we continued to walk down the now empty streets of Manhattan.

"We wouldn't be able to do it without you and Katherine. Thank you for helping all of us." He rested his arm on my waist. "You know I don't take compliments well." I whined. "Well... You're very beautiful, talented, caring, kind, sweet and very understanding." He hugged me from my side. "Daveyyyy stop." I laughed and whined at the same time.

"Never." He laughed and kissed my forehead. "You're my girlfriend and it's my job to make you feel special." What a sweetheart. "You've done that many times Dave." I smiled. "There's no harm in doing it more right?" He squished me to his side as we were nearing my home.

We reached the steps of my house, I stopped infront of my doorstep to bid him farewell. "I guess this is my cue." I smiled. "I guess it is." He let out a small sigh.

"I'll see you tomorrow then?" I asked. "Ofcourse you will." He smiled. I leaned forward and place a soft kiss on his lips. "Goodbye Davey." I smiled as I pulled away. "Goodbye (Y/N)." He waved as he was getting more and more distant from my house.

What. A. day. The newsies won the strike, I got to spend the day with my boyfriend and his brother, threaten the two big bullies in New York and I got to have dinner with his family.

I wish everyday was like this....