Evan Hansen » Next Time?

The boring ambiance of Math class was broken or rather done once the students heard the loud ring of the lunch bell.

“Thank God...” (Y/N) muttered under her breath as she stuffed her things in her backpack and marched off with her friends to their lockers.

“Where are you off to?” Michael said after she returned her belongings in her locker.

“To the library. I already ate.” (Y/N) replied, shrugging.

“Okay, see you in class.” Jeremy waved.

(Y/N) waved back at the both of them before walking off to the library.

There, she took out her binder, filled with the score of this year's musical. Anything Goes; and she was playing Hope Harcourt.

As she was humming to the song “Gypsy in Me” she felt someone tap her shoulder nervously.

(Y/N) turned around and she was met by a blonde almost brunette boy in khakis. “Hi, can I help you?” She politely asked.

“N-Not really. B-B-But I j-just um k-kinda wanted t-to introduce m-m-myself. I-I-I'm Evan. E-Evan Hansen.” He stuttered.

“Hi Evan, my name's (Y/N).” She smiled and held her hand out. “N-No I-I know.” He nervously wiped his hand on his pants.

“You know?” She asked, putting her hand down.

“N-No i-it's just I've s-seen you i-in t-the um D-Drama Club a-and I-I w-wanted to c-congratulate  y-you for u-um g-getting Hope Harcourt.” He scratched the back of his neck.

“Thank you, Evan. That's very nice of you.”

Before he could say another word to her the two were interrupted by another bell signaling that lunch was over.

“Well Evan it was nice talking to you. Atleast for a bit.” She chuckled.

“I'll talk to you next time. But before I leave, I'm obliged to give this to you, it's u-um a thing from the Drama Club. Come see out show.” Was the last thing she said before walking out of the library and gave him a folded piece of paper.

“Next time?” He muttered to himself and proceeded to unfold the paper. It revealed that he was kinda lied to, since no it was not a flyer from the Drama Club but her number.

“Jared you owe me one.” He thought.