Crutchie » How?

“Do I tell him or do I not?” (Y/N) talked to herself as she was pacing the spare room she found to talk to one of her bestfriends. Racetrach Higgins.

“I's mean, there's no harm in tryin'!” He replied, trying to make her calm down. “Yes there is Anthony! I could embarrass myself to the point I can't even look everyone but you and JoJo in the eye.” She told him, rubbing her temples.

“C'mon! Ya' gotta think of sumthin! You may never know if someone just steals Crutchie's heart and just leave ya in the dust.” He does make a good point. (Y/N) thought.

“Make your mind would ya'? I'll go and try to talk to Jack if he could do the same for Crutchie.” He patted her shoulder softly and left the room, leaving you alone.

“What the fuck am I gonna do.” She mumbles to herself.

‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›

“Hey Jack! Jackie boy!” Race called him over. “What?” Jack asked as he approached his fellow newsie.

“I need ya ta' to do sumthin' for me. Well actually it's for (Y/N) but anyways. I's think you already know this but (Y/N) likes Crutchie... In a more than a friend way and I kinda need you to talk to him about who he likes and stuff.”

“Yeah, yeah. I's know that but I dunno about Crutchie. I'll go talk to him later before we ta' sleep.” Jack replied.

“Thanks. I really want them to be togetha'. Works for a great stor--”

“What'd ya say Higgins?”

“Oh yeah. Uhm nuthin'... Don't worry about it. But I gotta go though. Gotta pep talk my bestfriend.”

And with that Racetrack Higgins dashed back to the room he left (Y/N) in.

“Hey! So I did it. I got Jack to talk to Crutchie about who he likes and shit.” Race told her excitedly. Proudly standing before her as if he was the king of New York.

“Great...” (Y/N) replied very unenthusiastically. “Hey don't youse worry! Ja' boi Race has got it all covered! Just you wait (Y/N)!”

“What has gotten into you?”

“I dunno! But what I's know is that I can already hear the bells!” Race commented before skipping out of the said room and probably went out to Sheepsheads'

‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›

“Heya Crutchie.” Jack greeted as he saw his brother staring out into the dark yet lit up streets of New York. Crutchie didn't respond, instead he smiled at his brother with a sigh.

“I know that face way too well. What'd ya thinkin' about?” Jack asked, leaning towards the railing.

“Just stuff I guess.” Crutchie vaguely responded. “And what kinda' stuff are on your mind?” His brother asked, as if he was juicing information out of him.

“About love i guess... Jack I don't know what to do!” Crutchie finally gave in. “Well let's hear the problem. I might just help you with that.” Jack cheekily responded.

“So youse know (Y/N)? Well ofcourse you do you're our leader! But so I think I's like her... And I have no idea if I's will embarrass myself if I tell her so. And I thinks that I have no chance on her. I mean, she and Race are practically in each others' faces! It won't be long til' I get left in the dust...”

“Well... What if I says that (Y/N) likes you back and Race is like her brother.”

“What? Are youse really sure about that?” Crutchie doubted his brother. It was too unreal of a scenario in his head.

“Certain.” Jack responded.

‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›

“So I's just stand here with these flowers?” Crutchie asked once more, holding a small bouquet of flowers for (Y/N). “For the 50th time Crutchie. Yes.” Race responded as he walked behind a wall along with Jack.

“Okay, let's see how this goes.” Crutchie mumbled to himself.

Not more than a few seconds later. The sound footsteps were heard from the stairs. Crutchie grew nervous but he kept his cool as the pep talk from Jack came to his mind.

“Hey Crutchie! Race told me--”

She was cut off in shock to how cute the roof was decorated. Ribbons were tied from one pole to another. A blanket was spread out on the floor with a vase with flowers in the middle.

“These are for you.” Crutchie spoke softly as he handed the bouquet to (Y/N).

“This is beatiful! Did you do this all for me?” She asked in disbelief. “Well yes ofcourse! But I did have a little help from the fellas.” He shyly said, scratching the back of his.

“Well I love it. But Race told me you have something to tell me.” (Y/N) grew nervous now that those words came out of her mouth.

What if he's just gonna friendzone me in the worst possible way?

“I do... L-Listen, so I's uhm... I's uhm... LikeyousinceyoustartedbeinganewsieandIwasjusttoscaredthatyou'llpushmeawayandignoremeforforever.” Crutchie spoke very quickly and held his head down after he spoke.

(Y/N) stood there in shock. Awhile ago her face as pale as a ghost and her palms were dripping with sweat now she was as red as a tomato.

“Y-You l-l-like m-me?” She stuttered.

Crutchie nodded his head slowly. To much to his surprise instead of being pushed away, he was engulfed in a bone crushing hug.

“I like you too, Crutchie Morris.” (Y/N) mumbled into his shoulder.

“Youse don't know how long I's wanted to hear that from you.”