Chapter 30

Chapter 30

"So, have you decided on finding out the sex?" Dr. Benson asked. I looked over to Jacob with a smile. Our eighteen week ultrasound appointment was something Jacob was looking forward to. I had finally decided to at least let him know but he had to promise not to tell anyone. "Definitely," Jacob answered.

"He's going to find out," I said pointing at my mate. Dr. Benson nodded and started to move the the stick-like object over my abdomen again like she had done so many times for our past couple of check ups. "Okay then. After I find out I'll let Jacob and I step out of the room so I can tell him," Dr. Benson told me. I nodded and my heart filled with joy when I heard the fast beating heart. I covered my mouth with my hand as fresh salty tears spilled down my eyes. Dr. Benson studied the ultrasound screen that showed the side of the face (complete with a nose, lips, and chin), the faint spine showing, and the legs.

"Alright, Jacob why don't you step out with me," Dr. Benson said setting the stick object back. Jacob practically ran out of there like Justin Bieber was waiting on the other side... if he was a girl that liked him that is. "I'll also print off some pictures for you," Dr. Benson added. I nodded speechless. Dr. Benson followed Jacob out of the room and closed the door. I stared at the screen completely mind blown and filled with happiness. "Hi, baby, it's Mommy. I see you now, I can see you," I whispered my voice cracking. Jacob's voice cheering suddenly made me jump then burst out laughing.

When Dr. Benson came back in, Jacob following her, you could tell with his face he was trying to contain himself from telling me what the baby is. I was tempted myself to ask. "I assume you're happy?" I asked as Jacob kissed my knuckles.

"Of coarse," Jacob answered.

"Good because if you wouldn't be, we can't return it," I chuckled. Dr. Benson handed over our pictures then ten minutes later we left to go back home.

"We need names Jacob," I said as we walked through the forest holding hands. I wanted a break from all the chaos that had been happening and Jacob was up for a break too. "Okay, let's start with boys," Jacob replied.

"You better not be giving me any hints," I warned.

"I'm not. I just think boys rule is all," Jacob defended.

"Just like I think boys drool," I retorted. Jacob smirked. "Are we seriously turning into third graders?" Jacob asked.

"Hey, you started it," I said.

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not!"

"Yes you did!" Jacob's smile grew wide as he spotted something behind me. "Are you sure about that?" Jacob asked. I almost looked around before Jacob picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder. I squealed as Jacob ran. "Put me down!" I ordered.

"As you wish my dear She Alpha," Jacob said. He grabbed my waist then tossed me forward. I screamed, expecting to hit the ground until I landed with a splash and ended up under water. I swam up to the surface as Jacob saluted to me. "Thanks," I huffed.

"Anytime," Jacob replied. I rolled my eyes then laid on my back and swam around as I felt Jacob's eyes on me. "You realize you're supposed to yell at me for messing up your hair or getting it wet right?" Jacob asked.

"Nah, it'll dry," I told him. I looked over at Jacob right before he jumped it, sprinkling me with water.

Jacob swam over to me and kissed my forehead. "I love you," he stated. I smiled. "I love you too," I replied. I pecked his lips. After we swam around for a while, we went back to the house and dried off. Mia came running in screaming at me. "What?" I asked sitting down on the couch and setting my feet up on the coffee table.

"What's the baby? Is it a boy or a girl?" Mia asked bouncing on her side of the couch.

"First off, stop bouncing or I'll throw up all over you," I said, "And secondly, I don't know. I didn't want to find out."

"You didn't want to what?!" Mia exclaimed. I shrugged. "I want it to be a surprise," I told her.

"Your mate is crazy," Mia stated as Jacob walked in holding a water bottle. He sat down across from us, also propping up his feet. "That doesn't stop me from loving her," Jacob replied. I blushed from his comment. "Do you know what the baby is?" Mia asked. Jacob nodded and Mia squealed with delight. "You're telling me later," Mia said pointing a finger at him. Jacob shook his head. "I can't, I promised Astrid," Jacob told her. Mia sighed. "Hey, you have nine months," I said. Mia nodded then her face brightened up. "So, I was thinking we could have a celebration, you know, everything is fine now, the pack is good, Astrid, you're having a baby, I think it should be a fun cook out for the whole pack," Mia suggested. I looked over to Jacob who shrugged.

"I don't see why not," Jacob said. I nodded my head. "I think it's a great idea. Why don't we bring Ebony and Alicia over and plan it out? Ebony loves making games for kids and I'm sure we could all assign our mates a job," I explained.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, a job? I already have about five," Jacob told us.

"Oh really? And what are they?" I asked. Jacob started counting on his fingers, "One, being an Alpha; two, taking or rather controlling you; three, taking care of our baby; four, being an Alpha; and five-"

"Nope, number four doesn't count because you listed it twice," I pointed out.

"It's a big job, Astrid," Jacob said.

"I know," I replied, "I have the same job." Jacob smiled at me. "I'll call the girls," Mia said. She got up from the couch and headed upstairs. Once she was gone, Jacob walked over to me and started to kiss me forcefully. I laid down, Jacob on top of me. I smiled into the kiss, wondering what came over him.

Jacob ran his fingers through my hair and traced down my body until he reached the hem of my shirt. Jacob started lifting up my shirt as I bucked my hips under him, making him groan.

"Okay, Alicia said she'll be right o- eww! What the hell?! Some people sit on that couch you know," Mia said. I pulled away from the kiss and watched Jacob flip his sister off, earning a giggle out of me. "And did you know it's my house?" Jacob retorted.

"We share it," Mia pointed out finishing her way down the stairs. Jacob sighed, knowing he couldn't get anywhere now that his sister was back in the room. "Then maybe you should get your own house," Jacob said. I sat back up, smiling. "Well maybe I will," Mia said making it sound more like a dare.

"Okay then," Jacob said pulling me into his lap. Mia glared at Jacob for a second before stomping back up the stairs clearly annoyed. Once she was gone, Jacob pecked my cheek.

"I hate to tell you this, but my parents want to speak to you," Jacob said. I froze at the mention of his parents. They were the start of getting us on a bumpy road for a while and the reason I ran off, not to mention how I met Abby. "They actually want to speak to me or did you force them to speak to me?" I asked for clarification.

"They honestly want to speak to you and I haven't got a clue why," Jacob replied. I took a moment deciding on whether I should talk to them or not. After all, if I get stressed out enough it could harm my baby. I finally nodded my head. "Invite them to the party, we can speak then," I said. Jacob looked at me with worried as before kissing the side of my head. "I love you," Jacob stated. I smiled. "I know."

------------------------------------

I know it's all rainbow and cupcakes right now, but don't worry the new challenge is coming up and it's big is all I'm going to say.

Question: What do you think the baby is???