Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I was able to look over my shoulder for a second, seeing Harley run full speed towards us before leaping into the air and over me, shifting into her Wolf and tackling 'Abigail' who was ready for her attack and had shifted into a white wolf. They threw themselves to the ground, rolling in the dirt and Abigail's polished fur was now dirty. The pack suddenly came at me.

One against about eighty, sounds fair right?

I snapped at them and growled, until I had also been thrown to the ground and I could feel their claws and teeth gnawing into me and feeling fresh wounds bleed out. I kept thinking about the baby. I couldn't lose it. Never. I needed him/her. This baby could be my only chance left to have a kid, a family, someone to read stories to, and comfort when they have their first breakup and skinned knee.

Suddenly I realized that they were all gone. They weren't on top of me anymore. I managed to get back onto my feet and see that the Wolves that had been attacking me were bloodied and injured, some were even limping. I looked over to Abigail's white wolf who had some blood staining her once pearl white coat. Across from her was the most beautiful Wolf I had ever seen. She had auburn fur with white flecks on the end of the tail and bright electric blue eyes. Her eyes sparkled at me as if checking that I was okay. I nodded and she turned back to Abigail.

Abigail shifted back, her clothes torn in many places, cuts were bleeding in many areas of her bodies. I shifted back and looked at my injuries that were as and as hers. "This is just a taste of what's coming, Astrid. You've been warned," Abigail told me her eyes went to the still shifted pack members, "Let's go!" They all dispersed away. The gorgeous Wolf a couple of feet away waited until she knew they were gone for good before shifting and I gasped, even placing a hand by my mouth.

"Harley?" I asked. Harley combed through her hair with her fingers as she walked over to me. "What were you doing out here?" I asked.
"I might ask you the same thing. Jacob is probably wondering where you're at. Before we know it, the FBI and CIA will show up and haul you away as they shoot me down," Harley told me.
"Don't joke like that, Harley. You're one of my best friends," I replied.
"You're so persistent on that," Harley commented.
"That you're my friend?" I asked. Harley nodded as she sat down in the grass and took in a large sigh. "Well of coarse I am, once you're a friend of mine you'll be a friend forever," I assured her sitting down next to her.
"Even when they're a traitor?" Harley asked looking over at me. Abigail's words floated back into my mind.

You have a traitor, Astrid....

"You heard about that?" I asked hesitantly. Harley nodded. "I found your scent when I was coming back from Wendy's and I was heading home. I followed it to make sure you were okay," Harley explained.
"You're Wolf is beautiful Harley, honestly I thought mine was when I first saw it, but now seeing yours, I know yours is," I told her.
"Please," Harley scoffed.
"I'm serious. I have never seen a Wolf like that in my lifetime. We're original," I assured her. Harley smiled at me. "You're somethin' Astrid."
"How'd you know who Abigail was?" I asked.
"She went to my school. She had been with Hank for a while. One day she just ditched school and never came back. Soon her posy joined her departure. Thank God, they were sluts," Harley explained.
"She told me that she was the first she alpha," I said. Harley took a moment and pondered over her thoughts. "She might have been, although it's not like Abby to stay hidden for long," Harley told me.
"Do you think Abigail is the one who attacked my pack?" I asked.
"It sure sounds like she's keeping tabs on you, which means someone is working with her whether their in your pack or a Rogue," Harley answered. I hesitantly looked at Harley up and down. She was a Rogue and she just came into my life a few weeks ago. "You're a Rogue," I stated quietly.

Harley raised her eyebrow at me. "You aren't seriously thinking that I'm a traitor, Astrid?" I shrugged. "It's usually always the ones you wouldn't expect."
"Yeah, well I've kidnapped you before and I don't think I would do it again." Harley shook her head as if the idea of her being the traitor was like saying the Loch Ness Monster existed. "What were your dreams about?" I asked after a quiet pause. Harley looked back at me. "Hmm?"
"Your dreams. Clearly they weren't as what you described. They would have to be pretty bad if you were willing to get rid of them," I told her. Harley looked at me for a moment before resting her head on the tree behind us and closed her eyes. "I mean if I knew who was going to be in my life, I would take that as a gift. You would know what to expect ahead of time. It'd be a nice way to see what you're mate looked like... I guess," I trailed off.