Chapter 31

Chapter 31

"Does this make me look fat?" I asked studying myself in the mirror. I looked back at Jacob who was smiling at me. "Nothing can make you look fat, sweetheart," Jacob answered.

"That doesn't answer my question," I grumbled looking back at my reflection. I wanted to make sure I looked presentable for my pack. After all, in thirty minutes the party was starting. "Astrid you have done everything to make you even more beautiful than before," Jacob said. He wrapped his arms around me and placed his hands on my stomach. "You're a suck up, you know that?" I asked. Jacob pecked my cheek.

"Seriously," I complained pushing him away, "Is this okay?" Jacob checked me out for a minute then started to nod. "I like like green on you, it really brings out your eyes," Jacob said. I blushed and tucked back a piece of hair behind my ear. "Finally a guy who can actually answer honestly. I mean with guys all you really have to do is either wear a shirt or take it off, have abs, and be attractive and you got it in the bag. We actually have to do stuff," I told Jacob.

"Yeah because getting a six pack is nothing," Jacob said walking out of the room.

"Not for werewolves!" I hollered.

I sighed and looked at myself. Jacob was right, like green really did bring out my eyes. My hair was in a side braid, with my too short hairs hanging out. I put some lipstick on, pulled on my dark brown ankle boots, and walked down the stairs to the kitchen where Ebony and Mia were finishing off the fruit bowl.

"This is okay, right?" Mia asked frantically gesturing to the colorfully filled bowl. Ebony giggled with a nod. "It looks great and I'm sure even if it looked bad, no one would care because it's food. Who doesn't love food?" Ebony said picking it up and heading to the front door. She paused and beamed at me. "Hi gorgeous!" Ebony said. I smiled making my way over to her. "You don't look bad yourself, my brother will go nuts when he sees you," I replied. She was wearing natural tones; dark brown high waisted shorts, a cream toned t-shirt, matching necklaces, and black Converse. Ebony instantly turned red and tried looking everywhere but at me.

I chuckled. "He's lucky to have you," I stated.

"Thanks. Jacob, with you," she chirped before heading out. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a piece of leftovers from Mia cutting the watermelon. "Alicia is here, she's in the front yard I think, with Oliver," Mia said not looking up from wiping down the counter top. I nodded. "Okay, do you need any help in here?" I asked.

"No. I can't have the pregnant woman doing work," Mia said.

"I'm not bulging Mia," I replied. Mia shrugged and I headed out to greet Alicia and Nathan when a young boy stopped me in my tracks. I smiled remembering him clearly. "Hi Carson, how are you?" I asked. The six year old ran up to me and gave me a hug. "Great! It's so cool being at the Alpha's house," Carson answered. I ruffled up his hair. "Do you wanna meet my nephew?" I asked. Carson nodded his head vigorously. "He's a couple years younger than you but I think he'll appreciate a good friend like you," I said. Carson looked at the ground, trying to hide his blush.

"Oliver, come here!" I called. Oliver stopped tossing a ball back and forth with Alicia and smiled at me. He said something to Alicia then ran over to me and gave me a hug. "Hi!" he exclaimed.

"Oliver this is Carson, he is apart of the pack," I introduced.

"Cool," Oliver said.

"Why don't you show him your Hot Wheels?" I suggested. Oliver nodded. "Yeah, that'd be cool," Carson said. Oliver led Carson inside the house as I made my way over to Alicia who gave me a hug. "Hey girly!" Alicia greeted.

"Where's Nathan?" I asked pulling away from the hug.

"He went to find the guys," Alicia answered. She pointed behind me at the table that had the drinks, snacks, and our mates and their friends. They bursted out laughing which made me smile. "Astrid!" someone cheered. I looked back to see Carly running towards me in a light pink dress. Her hair was up in a bun and she was wearing sandals. "Well don't you look cute?" I said.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever," Carly replied.

"I saw you yesterday," I reminded. We had finished up the plans with Carly since Ebony was busy at the store getting materials. "Thank you and I'd have to say the same for you both," Carly told me.

We all looked over to our mates and smiled. My need to be with Jacob had grown. To be honest, I didn't care if it was because I was horny or if it was from the mood swings, I enjoyed being with my mate. Clayton nodded to us and Jacob turned around and spotted me with a smile. My eyes grew wide before I blinked vigorously and turned away. The men chuckled. "Do you wanna see if Mia and Eb need help in the kitchen?" I asked drawing my friends' attention back.

"Sure, I feel like I need to do something to be productive before the main guests arrive," Carly said.

*******

We all laughed at Nathan's joke. There were certain groups that had formed, mothers, girls, boys, kids, singles, dads, and I guess the more higher ranking. Jacob and I had shifted to each group after a while then joined our friends. I looked over to see Ebony and Carly smiling at the kids that were trying to toss a bean bag into a certain hole.

I then looked around to see if Harley was here. I gave her the offer to come but she said that pack get togethers weren't her thing. She was kind of right in between being in the pack and being a Rogue. I didn't push her, knowing she needed her time. She was one of my closest friends and I hoped one day she would go down the right path and find her happily ever after- whether or not it involved a mate or a guy was beyond me. I sighed and took a break to get air conditioning.

Inside, I found some pack members socializing or heading in or out to use the bathroom. "Ooh! Alpha Astrid, I just wanna say that those hot dogs and burgers were amazing!" a twelve year old girl, Macy said. I smiled. "Thank my mate and the rest of the guys," I replied.

"I'll make sure to do that," Macy told me, blushing. Obviously she thought they were attractive, but who wouldn't? "If you want to Macy, you can go swimming out back. I don't know who is using the pool, but you can go right ahead if you want to," I suggested. Macy beamed at me. "Really? Thank you Alpha," Macy said. I nodded.

I went into the kitchen and poured myself a strawberry smoothie I had made the other night. "What are you doing in here? Don't you realize the party is out there?" someone asked. I turned around and saw Harley leaning against the pantry door. "Harley! I didn't think you'd come!" I exclaimed pulling her into a hug.

"Well, I had to check in just to see how boring it would be," Harley said.

"Hey, we didn't plan chess matches and golf tournaments," I replied pulling away.

"I did steal a hot dog or two," Harley said.

"At least we're feeding you," I stated. Harley chuckled. "How's the baby?" Harley asked. Lately, ever since the fight with Abby was over, she had been interested in the baby's whereabouts. It made me happy and I was surely going to add her as an aunt for the little pup. "Good, I can't sleep how I'm used to though," I answered. Harley smiled. "Hey, don't complain to me. I didn't stick my penis in you and knocked you up," Harley replied. I laughed then looked over at the entrance to the kitchen to see a little girl.

Her eyes were widened and she scurried away. Harley and I laughed. Hers might have been more humorous than anything, but mine was more of embarrassed. I would have to go find the girl's parents later and apologize.

"Astrid?" someone asked. I gave Harley an apologetic smile before I went to the front door to see none other than Marisa.

----------------------------------------

One more chapter left before the third book! Ahh! I'm so excited for you guys to read it!!! I will post that chapter up with the 3rd book's prologue and possible 1st chapter.

JUST A REMINDER IT IS CALLED:

The She Alpha's Bite