Chapter 21

I apologize for any confusion in the last chapter, in fact I would like you to go read it again (as of August 9, 2014 unless it's been a while since that chapter and everything is okay then) because I apparently didn't upload Chapter 20 and then I went to chapter 21 and I realized it was the same as the chapter 20 so I had to delete that piece and fix chapter 20. I'M SORRY! And also today on August 9, 2014 it's The Haunted Mansion in Disneyland's 45th birthday!

Chapter 21

I should have figured it out before, after all I knew who Matt was. I've known him most of my life. He didn't want any part of it and the only obvious reason was because of Abigail. She was his mate that was for sure, or else he would have probably killed her by now for threatening his friends. He loved her and couldn't fight his love, his connection with her. I had to help him, I had to save him.

I immediately started trying to untie my bonds that were wrapped around my wrists. "Stupid rope," I grumbled, fidgeting. When it finally got loose I dropped the rope behind me and scooted to the back of the wall, the farthest from the cell bars. I've had quite the experience being locked up. Harley, I'm sorry, I said.

No problem Cheesecake, I'm getting to know lots about your mate like how he makes his mate a Luna and that he gets pissed with the snap of your fingers. He can't stand you leaving and I'm sure he can't stand that he doesn't have a clue where you are. Considering last time he knew some Rogue took you, Harley replied.

I only wish I would have gotten you out of that cell before I left, I said.

I don't blame you. You needed a vacation, for you and the baby, Harley told me. I consciously looked down at my stomach.

The baby. My baby. I placed a hand on my stomach and rubbed it gently. I feel like I haven't given the baby the time if day. I've been so busy lately with everything. You and getting rid of our dreams and Abby. I'm a terrible mother, I sighed.

Don't say that Astrid, you and I both know that's not true. You will think and care so much about him or her that they'll be smothered with love and will want you to be gone, Harley explained.

Would you give Jacob a message? I asked.

So you want to talk to the bastard? Why don't you mind link him yourself? Harley asked.

Because we'll get in a whole conversation or argument about something, I answered.

True, okay, what is it? Harley asked.

Tell him, I'm okay, that I'll be with the pack as soon as I can, I said.

Can I be curious and wonder where you are? Harley asked. I looked around my cell. Basically the same place you are but with a bitch, I answered.

Ah, tell Abby I said hi, Harley stated. I smiled. Sure thing, I said.

I closed my eyes and rubbed my stomach for a while, thinking only about the baby, my baby, Jacob's baby. "I love you so much," I whispered, "You don't know how much Mommy loves you, but she does. Sometimes Mommy may be busy and she may seem like she doesn't love you, but she does. I will and always will, so does Daddy. We need to get back to him, sweetheart."

Somehow, I fell asleep and I had a dream, but not my old dreams, it was different and quick, but it was good.

"Jacob," I breathed. He smiled at me and hugged me to his chest. "I love you, Astrid. You and this baby," Jacob told me. I smiled back and nuzzled my head into his chest, taking in the minty aftershave scent. "I'm coming back, Jacob, we both are," I whispered. Jacob kissed my forehead, then it all disappeared.

"Wakey, wakey, Sunshine!" someone called clinking something against my cell. I moaned and opened my eyes. Abby stood in front of me holding a crowbar. I raised an eyebrow. "You've got to be joking?" I said. Abby looked down at the crowbar and tossed it in the air, catching it just at the right time. "What would I joke about? Quite frankly I want to give out a little trailer to you... mate," Abby replied looking at her cuticles.

"Whatever you do, you will not hurt my baby," I told her. Abby shrugged. "I could follow the rules but then again when my parents told me to wait to have sex and not drink, I didn't really follow their commands either," Abby replied. She snapped her fingers and two men came in and picked me up.

"I knew you would find a way out of your bonds," Abby stated leading the way as we made our way down a dark hallways that was dimly lit. "Where are we going?" I asked. Abby turned around and smirked. "To your stage."

*********

Abby pressed in some code that I tried to pay attention, but she went through it so fast I couldn't keep up. The metal door slid open and the men pushed me in after Abby stepped aside to let them shove me in it. I felt to the ground, catching myself with my hands and knees. I turned back around and glared at the men. "Thank you boys, tie her to the chair now if you will," Abby instructed. They walked in and picked me up and tied my wrists behind my back and to the chair and tied my ankles to the chair legs. "Get the camera set up!" Abby ordered. The men nodded and rushed out of the room, the door sliding behind them.

Abby patted the crowbar in her left hand. "Sweet, sweet, Astrid. You are quite the celebrity aren't you? I'm sure your pack members just love getting your autograph," Abby said.

"They do nothing of the sorts. And leave them out of this," I replied.

"Alright, alright, then smile at the camera," Abby told me. She grabbed my face and we faced the wall where in the center was a little box with a small red light glowing with it. I struggled to move my head away from her grasp as she smiled. "Like hell!" I hissed. Abby released me from her hold and smiled at me. "And that's just where you and your fetus friend are going," Abby said.

"Leave my baby out of this! They have nothing to do with any of this and you know that. We agreed that-"

"You agreed that that thing wouldn't get hurt. I did nothing of the sorts," Abby interjected. Tears puddled my eyes. "This is my only time I can be a mom. This could be my only chance, Abigail, please, don't take my baby away from me," I pleaded.

"Not my problem, Astrid. And this baby is involved considering it is apart of the pack and your... offspring," Abby replied. I shook my head in disgust at her.

Abby turned back around to face the camera. "Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Astrid. People may call her cunning, brave, strong, a good leader and role model when in reality she is nothing of the sorts. Join me this Friday to see Astrid's pleasant goodbye to this world," she paused and winked at the camera, "I hope to see you then." The red light disappeared and Abby turned around and slapped me. "You better hope the ratings are good," she hissed.

-------------------------------

I hope I got everything figured out now. :P Gotta love those airhead moments!