Chapter 25

Chapter 25

~Jacob~

"Come on! We have to get the show on the road!" Abby called waking me up from my nap. It had to have been an hour at the most and I'm sure they were just setting things up in the so-called stage. My cell door opened up and I leaped to my feet. "Showtime," Abby smiled. Two men grabbed my arms and led me out. On my way, I spotted Matt in his own cell to my surprise. "Keep walking," one guy ordered pushing my head forward.

They sat me down in the chair and secured the rope that tied me to the chair. "Have fun," one guy smirked. I rolled my eyes as he and the other guy walked out. Abby hadn't arrived yet, but that didn't stop me from looking around at the empty room. Except for the camera sitting in the wall.

A single red light appeared. Showtime indeed, I thought.

********

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen! To the dazzling event of Alpha Jacob's last moments!" an announcer not on the screen exclaimed. It was starting. "We have to move!" I ordered. Clayton and Austin stayed in. The room while everyone else scattered out like mice. "Are you sure you can do this?" Clayton asked, his signature stance of crossing his arms over his chest, showing off his muscles was in motion. I swallowed, nervous and about to throw up. "Yeah. I have to be," I said softly.

"Okay, well, we'll start leading out our groups," Austin told me. I nodded and they headed out. I ran a hand through my hair as I nervously gave one last look at the screen. "I hope you're prepared for the best," Abby said her face suddenly appearing. I swallowed and closed my eyes. "I have to be," I whispered, repeating what I said earlier. I opened my eyes and walked out of the room.

******

~Jacob~

I watched Abigail smile at the camera and I rolled my eyes. "It has been so exhilarating for this day, this Friday to come," Abby said. She looked back at me. "Although we have had a change of plans," Abby continued then faced the camera again, "No worries though, the program will still air."

"Fuck off, bitch," I stated. Abby's smile disappeared as she slowly looked back at me. "Well aren't you being a little straight forward?" Abby asked. I shrugged the best I could as I still was tied to the chair. "You'll get your punishment in a little bit," Abby told me.

"Great, I'm ecstatic," I said sarcastically.

"Astrid is a well known She Alpha. The truth is she isn't a She Alpha at all though. Jacob's mate actually isn't the female we think she is. She wasn't even the first She Alpha," Abby began.

"She did more than what you could do!" I interrupted.

"Did I say you could speak?" Abby hissed. I glared at her then she continued, "You know who Astrid is, in fact I don't know anyone in our werewolf world that now doesn't know who she is. I have known Astrid for a little while, when she stayed here I got to know her better. I'm sure she could be a ray of sunshine when she wanted to be, however gloomy thunderstorm fitted her more."

"The Academy Award music is playing," I complained, her speech tiring me out. That seemed to have been the last straw for her. Abby pulled out a knife from her belt and pressed the point into my leg. I screamed out in utter pain as a smile played on Abigail's lips. "How 'bout that music?" she whispered. I held in my breath as my leg screamed out in agony. Abby pulled out the knife, making me flinch and suck in a breath. "As I was saying..." Abby continued. I decided to keep my mouth shut for now, as it could be better for me and Astrid.

Astrid.

I stared at the camera as Abby went on.

********

I tapped my foot anxiously against the grass as I stared at the mansion and warehouse. Jacob was in there and so far he was alive. Our connection was still good. Are you ready? Clayton asked. I nodded even though he couldn't see me. Ready as I'll ever be, I answered.

Okay, just give us the word and we're there, Clayton said.

Okay, I agreed.

Harley, Derek, and Nathan stepped beside me. It was quiet between us, we just let the quiet air stay until Harley said, "Let's go purge." I looked over at her and smiled. "What? The second one is really good," Harley assured me.

"Fine then, let us purge," I agreed. We walked up to the house and stopped at the doorway. "Should we knock?" Nathan asked sarcastically.

"Bitch please, I've been waiting too long to knock down her front door and beat the shit out of her," Harley scoffed. With one second the door was up and stable, the only thing it had to worry about was a scratch. Within the next second, it was down and practically had crumbled to pieces from Harley's kick. I nodded, impressed. We hesitantly walked in and listened to see if anyone was coming or near. Considering that last time when Jacob came, he wasn't attacked or anything. Do you want us to split up? Nathan asked.

No, with how small this group is and how much you guys mean to me, I can't afford to lose you guys, I answered. Nathan gave a curt nod before we continued looking around.

*******

~Jacob~

A screen lowered above the camera and it showed who had entered. I could have practically jumped out of my chair when I saw who was on it. Astrid stood there with Harley, Derek, and Nathan looking around the house. Abigail had expected their arrival obviously, but wanted me to see. "Astrid," I breathed. Abigail looked over at me, her arms crossed, and a smile forming on her face. "Our dear friend Astrid has arrived with some company," Abby stated. I so badly wanted to tell her to shut up but I couldn't find it within me as my eyes were fixated on the screen.

"They're upstairs," Astrid told her group, "That's where everything will take place. Abby is with him and there could be guards swarming the area."

"Should we send in a group?" Derek suggested. I shook my head. "No, Astrid, don't. Astrid, don't," I said even though she couldn't hear me.

"Yeah, I'll mind link Austin," Astrid agreed. It was like she was ignoring me... then again she couldn't even hear me. "They're on their way," Astrid stated.

"No," I said then screamed out her name. Abigail glared daggers at me while Astrid and her group looked around trying to find where the scream came from. I looked over to Abby who was smiling darkly at the screen.

"Take them out," Abby said. I knew she had mind linked and said it at the same time which made me scared for Astrid.

*******

A long howl bellowed out and we looked back to where the door previously was. I looked over to Harley who was glaring at something behind me. "What?" I asked. I followed her gaze to see a brown Wolf stalking towards me. "Astrid, move," Harley stated.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Just do it," Harley ordered. I just about stepped to the side when I heard a deep growl. I was just able to look back as the brown Wolf was leaping in the air. "Astrid duck!" Derek yelled right before he shifted into his Wolf and attacked some other Wolf. Harley's Wolf jumped over me at the same time and tackled the Wolf that was about to attack me.

"Astrid get out of here! Find Jacob!" Nathan ordered before he punched a Wolf in the snout, then shifted. I nodded and scurried up the stairs.

----------------------------------

She's on her way!