Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Once it was gone I sat there with the taste of limes in my mouth. Harley shrugged. "It wasn't that bad." I looked at her like she grew another head. I hated limes, I couldn't stand them. Lemons were okay but limes were another thing. "So we should be okay now?" I asked, ready to go home. I needed to apologize to Jacob. "Should be it," Marla said nodding. She opened the door and picked up Pistachio then started petting her. "It was nice hanging with you both, but I've got to get going," Harley said standing up. I got up and followed her. "Thank you, Marla!" I called running up the stairs. I ran outside and chased after Harley. She opened up the driver door and started the engine. "Harley!" I screamed.

I grabbed the door handle and jumped in even though I didn't need to. "Calm down, monkey. I wasn't leaving without you," Harley said smiling at me. I sighed. I enjoyed her company even if I would get a bullet in my shoulder. My shoulder....

"So, do you think you would be willing to take this bullet out?" I asked gesturing to my injury. Harley looked over at me as she pulled out of the drive. "I guess," she said as if she had been thinking about it.
"Do you think you would ever want to be in a pack?" I asked once we were on the road and headed back.
"Only if I was in charge," Harley said then laughed, "For real though, I don't think so. I enjoy this Rogue life. If I ever could be, I would want to be in charge except for all that pressure and everyone looking up to you. I honestly don't know how you do it, Astrid."

I shrugged. "I guess I'm just used to it is all," I told her.
"Do you think you would ever want to be in a relationship again?" I asked.
"Are you going lesbian on me?" Harley joked.
"No. I was just curious," I said after laughing.
"Oh, so you're trying to get all close to me and friendly?" Harley replied.
"I just thought we could be friends," I told her.
"Even after I shot you and basically kidnapped you?" Harley asked. I would have shrugged but it would have hurt. "I guess," I mumbled.
"You're crazy, Astrid. And a peace maker," Harley told me.

"No I'm not. I just thought you could use a friend."
"Well I don't got any friends. I only rely on myself and only myself."
"Do you have another sad story about some friend?"
"No, I just don't trust anybody. Why waste your trust on someone who isn't going to use it and instead waste it?"
"I could be you friend." Harley glanced over at me. "Yeah, I guess you could being that we've been through a lot together."
"No one has a best friend until one shoots the other." Harley and I laughed.

"We are that close."
"Then maybe we could be best friends," I suggested.
"Now you're crossing the line," Harley joked. I shrugged and started looking out the window and up at the clouds. "Maybe," Harley said. I looked over at her and smiled.

********

~Jacob~

"You look tired," Mia said. She walked over and sat next to me on the couch. I sighed. "I am," I stated.
"She'll come home, Jacob. Astrid wouldn't-"
"Everyone's been telling me that the past few days, Mia. And I'm tired of hearing it," I snapped.
"I'm s-. They've been telling you that too, haven't they?" Mia asked. All I did was nod. "We all know Astrid wouldn't run off on her pack though. She is a strong leader and loves this pack. She loves her friends, her family, the pack, and you. She loves you so much you could see it in her eyes everyday. Even when she was mad," Mia told me.

"Thank you, sis," I replied. Mia nodded, kissed my cheek, before walking out of the house. I leaned my head against the back of the couch and closed my eyes.

4 Days Later...

I took a long drink of beer before tossing it in the trash. "Alpha Jacob?!" someone called at the front door. I looked up from the granite counter to see Jordan. "Jordan, how many times have I told you and asked you to call me Jacob?" I asked.
"Right," Jordan said closing the door. He walked over to me with a smile. "Why are you smiling Jordan? Your sister is missing," I replied.
"Well, it's just, I found something, specifically someone that might be of help to you," Jordan told me. I looked at him as if he was joking. "Jordan don't you dare shit with me," I warned.

"I think you'll like your surprise," Jordan said. As soon as he stopped talking, I ran outside and straight to the pack building. I slammed the front doors open and ran up the stairs. "Where is she?" I asked when I saw Clayton and Austin.
"She's-" Austin started pointing to the room behind them. I ran past them, pushing them out of my way and opened the door.

My heart stopped. She was there.

Her red orange hair looked golden in the sunlight as it draped down her back. She turned around, her eyes sparkled, and she smiled at me. "Jacob," Astrid said simply. I shook my head as if she didn't exist. I briskly walked up to her and pulled her into my arms. I felt her relax. I pulled her away but close enough so she could settle my Wolf and me. I placed my hands against her warm cheeks and leaned down, kissing her lips that matched with mine. Someone scoffed. "Get a room," they said. I broke the kiss and found the person in the room.

It was a girl with brown hair as a pixie cut. The light was making it slightly red. She was wearing dark plum skinny jeans, a white tank top, black combat boots, and a black leather jacket. She was leaning against the wall, having her one foot against it. Her arms were crossed and she was chewing gum. One thing stood out on this woman though.

Her scent.

I used my werewolf speed and smashed her head against the wall. "How dare you take away my mate! You have no right to do that and trick my guards!" I yelled at her as she had a smirk planted on her face. Was she ready to die? All while I yelled at the Rogue, Astrid was screaming at me to stop. I looked over at her. "Astrid, please. I don't want you to get hurt. I'm already pissed enough as it is, if I hurt you I couldn't live with myself," I said.
"She's okay, Jacob. Please don't hurt her. She's my friend," Astrid pleaded. I glanced at the Rogue before looking back at Astrid. "Friend?" I asked.
"Best!" the Rogue added.
"What are you talking about, Astrid?" I asked. Astrid sighed.

"Jacob, this is Harley," Astrid introduced gesturing to the Rogue and I. I looked back at the Rogue, Harley. "Harley?" I asked.
"That's my name don't wear it out. Now I would be so pleased if you remove your hand from my neck. I'm not going to complain or anything but it's starting to hurt," Harley replied. I let my hand drop. "Sorry," I said even though I really didn't mean it. Harley took my mate away from me for a week. "No biggie, Alpha. I've been through worse," Harley replied.
"Where have you been?" I asked, my attention back to Astrid.

She looked over at Harley then back to me. "Out," she stated.
"Astrid, don't. Don't you dare not tell me where you've been. You didn't leave a note, you've been gone for a week, and I've had the whole pack out searching for you. And that doesn't include the other packs like Scott and Dillon's. You can't just leave like that," I told her.
"And this is another reason why I hate mates. They're all up in your business," Harley commented. I turned around and pointed at her. "Stay out of this!" I hissed.
"Jacob, please. She doesn't mean any harm or ever did," Astrid said pulling me back so I could face her.

"Except for that time I shot you," Harley replied. I turned back around. "You shot Astrid?!" I screamed. I grabbed her and pulled her against the wall again. I heard the door open and felt Austin and Clayton there. Both them and Astrid started yelling at me to calm down. Clayton and Austin pulled me away from Harley. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. I looked at Astrid one time before walking out of the room.