Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I frantically looked around the hallway. I knew where Jacob was, I did, for crying out loud I had been in that room before. But now, now that there was pressure and I didn't know if I would see Saturday morning or not. "Jacob, where are you?" I said breathless. A low growl from behind me made me turn around. A black Wolf stared me in the eyes with it's orange eyes. Without thinking, I ran down the hallway the fastest my feet could carry me. The Wolf chased after me then I found the door. I turned the knob and stumbled in, leaving the Wolf almost breaking in.

I panted breathlessly and I collapsed on the floor, for a brief moment forgetting who was present in the room.

"Astrid," I heard Jacob sigh. I couldn't tell if it was disappointment or relief. I looked up to see Jacob, tied to the chair, no surprise there and Abigail. She started to slowly applaud. "And our guest of honor has finally arrived. Running around and being pregnant probably isn't healthy," Abby said. I stood up, ready to face her in any possible way. "You leave Jacob be, he isn't me, the original person you were after," I told her. Abby tapped her chin. "Nah, I think I'll keep with this new plan. You know how much pain you'll go through when he's dead?" Abby replied. I shook my head. "How can you do this? This isn't right," I said.

"What are you, a priest?" Abby replied.

"No, but I know what I'm talking about when I say that killing my pack, my mate, and everyone I love and maybe even me isn't going to solve your problems. No matter what you do, I will still be known as the first She Alpha," I explained then added, "Even when I'm dead."

"I don't see how this will solve anything, Abby. You didn't even do anything when you were considering yourself a She Alpha so why should we call you the first?" I asked. Abby peered her eyes at me. "You annoy me," Abby stated.

"Abby, if you stop all of this now, you can go find your happily ever after with Matt," I replied.

"I can do that! After I finish what I'm doing now! This, right here is my duty," Abby snapped.

"No it's not. What you're duty is, is taking care of your pack. All you're doing is ordering them around to do you're dirty work and take care of everything you need done," I told her.

"And that's what I'm supposed to be doing, Alpha," she hissed.

I sighed. "I get it. I do. You want power, you want power over billions, over so many Wolves, but this isn't the right way to go. The right way is growing-" I started.

"And what would you know about the right way?!" Abby yelled. I could practically feel her anger generating off of her. "The right way is growing your pack and having it be strong and sturdy," I continued nervously. To calm myself, I placed my right hand on my stomach and stroked it a little with my thumb. Abby looked down and raised an eyebrow. After a moment she smiled. "The baby," she stated.

"We agreed you wouldn't hurt the baby," I stated.

"You, agreed. I didn't agree to anything applying to the baby," Abby said, pointing out every word. I looked over to Jacob who was looking as worried as I was feeling.

*******

~Jacob~

Abby moved beside me, placing a hand on the back of the chair and leaned on it. Her eyes were glued to Astrid's abdomen. Astrid was making a good argument but Abigail wouldn't listen. "Abigail, that would be the worst thing to happen to me and you know that," Astrid said.

"The worst, huh?" Abby replied walking towards Astrid. I growled. Abigail only looked at me for a second before she focused her attention on Astrid. "Abigail," I warned. She paused. "Don't," I snarled. She ignored me and made her way over to Astrid. My jaw clenched and I struggled to get out of the chair. "Hush, Jacob or I'll kill her and the baby right now," Abby hissed. I froze, but that didn't stop my jaw from clenching. Astrid looked over at me with so much love in her eyes. "That baby is something, huh," Abby said, "You would rather have that baby live than anything."

"I want Jacob, my baby, and my pack to live," Astrid corrected.

"And would if I told you, you could only chose one?" Abigail dared. Astrid shook her head furiously. "Please, Abby, don't," she begged. Abby turned back around and walked back behind me. I felt her hands grab my neck, a blade was pressed on my skin. I didn't dare swallow. "No!" Astrid screamed. I could practically feel the pounding in her chest. "It's a shame really. You two would have been so happy," Abigail told Astrid, "And with the baby on the way, there's could have been a sunset walk or a happily ever after in your future."

"Abigail, please, please, I beg of you, do not do it. I love him," Astrid cried, tears staining her cheeks.

"Enough! I am done with you, Astrid," Abby stated. I closed my eyes ready for my life to end.

********

The door bursted open and Harley's Wolf tackled Abby. They fell to the floor in the corner. I stood there shocked and still, completely blind sighted of what just happened. Go, now! Harley growled. I nodded and jolted to Jacob's side and began untying the rope. "I'm so sorry! This should have never happened, I can't believe you took my place! You should never have done that, you're so an idiot. I love you so much," I rambled. Then I saw his neck. I gasped. "Jacob! Oh my God what happened?!" I asked. Jacob had his hand pressed to his neck, blood seeping through his hand down his neck.

"I'm fine, it's nothing serious, just go," Jacob said. We started heading to the door when a dog's whine stopped us. I turned back around to see Abby pushing Harley off of her. Harley was shifting back, clutching her stomach. "Oh, God," I muttered. Abby stood up, a knife in her hand, it bloodied. "Harley," I said. Harley was wincing, curled up in a corner, her eyes closed. I stepped towards her, but was pulled back by Jacob. "Jacob, she needs us," I told him.

"You take one step towards her and you're dead," Abby warned. I looked back at Harley who was breathing heavily and wouldn't move. It was like her hand was Velcro to her side.

Harley looked over at me and for once, I didn't see that tough as nails, kick ass girl. I saw the person who was inside of her, the one she locked up. A girl who would probably think this new Harley is a bitch and a bully and would probably stay away from her. Harley blinked making me look away from Harley and to the floor. Harley had been for me when no one else was. She has helped me through shit, whether it was a comment that was so true and cutting to the point or deep stuff. She even saved Jacob's life and they didn't like each other very much.

Harley was my best friend and was not going to die.

"I'm done with your empty threats, Abigail. I'm going to pass by you and get Harley whether you like it or not," I said. Jacob dropped his hold on me, obviously shocked. "Astrid, don't," Harley croaked. Abby's shocked face soon vanished, accepting the challenge. "Alrighty then, bring it," Abby dared. I looked at Harley again before I turned around and planted a kiss on the not ready Jacob. "I love you, so much," I whispered, my hands by his cheeks. Jacob raised an eyebrow.

I looked back at Abigail and shifted into my Wolf. Once I was done shifting I howled out, giving out a signal to Clayton. Austin's group was here, now it was just a matter of time before we would take over this hellhole.

-----------------------------------

I know, I know you probably hate me because all that is happening it chit chat and it's nothing interesting and you haven't gotten the bit from the summary yet but you know what, COOL YOUR JETS!

hehehe....