Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Jacob, can I talk to Nathan alone for a second?" I asked. Jacob nodded and went back inside the cabin. I shook my head at Nathan. "Where have you been? We've been looking all over for you," I said. I glanced down at his injury. What the hell happened to him? "You and your mate with that handy pack? Or someone else?" Nathan asked.

"Someone else!" I said, "Specifically Alicia. She and I-"

"There. Right there, you probably tagged her along just so you could say she was helping out," Nathan said pointing at me but having a hand on the blood stained spot on his shirt.

"That's not true! Alicia has been having a rough time with you being out of her life," I assured him.

"I highly doubt it. She has that amazing Harry of hers. What is she on her tenth child since I've been gone?" Nathan grumbled.

"She doesn't even have a child! In fact your other friend is going to," I pointed out. I placed a hand on my hip. "What other fri-," Nathan paused and looked down at my stomach, he raised his eyes and I nodded.

He smiled.

"Seriously?" he said.

"I think that's what I'm implying," I stated.

"That's great, Astrid!" Nathan said about to give me a hug. I backed away. "Not yet Mister, you still need to explain where you've been and why you gave our apartment up without my knowing," I replied. Nathan groaned and ran his hands through his hair. "I was out... traveling," Nathan told me.

"Yeah right. I'm not an idiot," I said crossing my arms.

"Well, I didn't want to be around Alicia if she's jut going to be around Harry and have goo-goo eyes at each other. So I packed up and let someone else have our home. And I became an official Rogue. I harassed other packs and got into a few fights. I couldn't handle being around Alicia," Nathan explained. I studied him for a second, it seemed like there was something else he wasn't saying...

"She can't handle being without you though it doesn't make sense that she feels more of a connection with you than Harry but she does," I explained. Nathan smiled. "Really?" he asked.

"Yes, now are you going to get cleaned up or not?" I asked.

"Why?" Nathan asked.

"So you can look presentable to Juliet, unless you want her to feel sorry for you and baby you," I said. He pondered over which way to go. "How about the injury in my side?" Nathan asked.

"If it's not infected or making you die of blood loss than yes!" I took his hand and dragged him behind me.

*******

"Hey, Mia! Do you know where Alicia is?" I asked walking through the front door. Jacob had taken Nathan to the pack doctor, Dr. Richards. I closed the door and plopped down on the couch next to her, making the couch move. She was watching some reality TV show. "I think she's at her house," Mia said.

"Is Harry with her?" I asked.

"Why?"

"I was just curious." She looked over at me, raising an eyebrow. "What are you up to?" Mia asked. I sighed. "Well, I have a visitor for her and Harry can't exactly be around," I said. Mia widened her eyes. "It isn't a male stripper is it?" Mia asked.

"No, no, no! Trust me it's not a male stripper. Come here." I took her hand and brought her outside. Nathan was sitting on our new cushioned double swing. "Nathan?! What are you doing here?!" Mia shouted as Nathan walked over to us.

"Shh! No one can know he's here. He's laying low. Only you, Jacob, and me know he's here," I said looking around. No one was here but I had to be safe.