Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"I hope you realize you're crazy," Nathan told me after I explained everything with every detail. He somehow stayed awake through it all. "Why? Because I trusted a Rogue with my life? We used to be Rogues too and don't you forget it. Scott was our pal," I replied.
"To all except Matt," Nathan mumbled.
"We made up. And he went back to New Orleans although he promised he would visit," I explained. Nathan nodded as he continued drinking his water bottle. "The only thing is, it's that this Rogue is shady. Considering she shot you but is still being nice to you doesn't add up. Maybe she's planning something. Like father like daughter," Nathan told me.
"Nathan, stop it," I hissed. We both looked up at the staircase to see Alicia wrapped it a mid-thigh length sweater. She curled it around her body and sighed with relief.

"God, I thought you were cheating," she said walking into the living room. Nathan stood up and pulled her to his side. "Never, babe," he replied by her ear and they sat down on the couch across from me.
"So, Astrid, where the hell have you been? One day you're here and having a tantrum about... you know what and the next you're gone for like a month," Alicia told me. I rolled my eyes. "It was a week," I corrected.
"Well it felt like a month," Alicia replied. So I filled her in. "And you leave me again," Alicia said when I finished getting comfy next to Nathan.

"I never left you," I replied.
"Wrong. First it was Mia when you decided to go live with my now Alpha and now some random Rogue that had you at gun point," Alicia told me.
"And succeeded in shooting her," Nathan added. I gave him a look. "Seriously? I just came by to fill you in. I'm so used to seeing you guys everyday it's not the same when-"
"When you're going out and making friends with terrorists?" I sighed exaggerating my frustrating by a tad. "Will anyone give her a break?" I asked myself.
"I wanna meet this chic," Alicia stated ignoring me.
"You know what, I'm gonna go get some sleep instead of listen to you two judge Harley by her actions," I said getting up from the couch.
"Aren't we supposed to judge people by their actions?" Nathan replied.

I looked back at him from the front door and groaned before closing it behind me.

********

Later in the afternoon, I went over to Scott and Emma's with Mia. She definitely gave me a welcome when I saw her, she squealed excited then yelled at me then hugged me. Talk about your mood swings.

"So why are we here again?" Mia asked closing the passenger door. I looked over at her as we walked up to the front door. "To tell them I'm okay in person," I answered.
"Oh right, because a phone call means nothing," Mia replied. I smiled at her before knocking on the door. "Just a minute!" Emma's cheery voice called from inside. Click! Click! Emma pried the door open and squealed when she saw us and enveloped all three of us in a hug. "I'm so happy you guys are here!" Emma said. She pulled us inside and closed the door. "Go to the living room, I'll be there in a second," Emma instructed. She disappeared up the stairs, leaving Mia and I standing like ghosts. I shrugged and went into the living room. It looked as if it was vacuumed recently.

Mia and I sat on the couch and waited patiently. "So... how about that weather?" Mia said awkwardly. I looked over at her. "Seriously?" I asked. Mia raised her hands in defense. "I was just making conversation!" Mia told me. I chuckled then we looked over to see Emma with her familiar giggle, pulling Scott who was ending a phone call down the stairs. "Okay!" Emma exclaimed. She looked over at Scott and held his hand tightly and she couldn't stand still. "We have some news," Emma said. My eyes looked over at Scott, who seemed slightly annoyed but understood her excitement. "What is it?" Mia asked. I looked back over to Emma. "We're having a baby!" Emma exclaimed.

I tried to lift my heart back up into my chest and out of my stomach but I couldn't do it. "Congratulations," Mia said getting up and hugging to two. I stayed on the couch, my eyes looking back and forth at the memory of finding out I had lost my baby. "Thanks," Scott said. I felt a pair of eyes on me. "Well, Astrid, I would think you would be happy for me," Emma stated.