Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Jacob, wait!" I called running after him. I knew Jacob would freak out when he would meet Harley, that was by instinct. I even told Harley before we arrived back at Frost Peak territory. I guess I should have known that Harley would be Harley and make some comment that would make it worse. "Jacob, please!" I called following him out of the building and in the direction of our house. He kept marching forward and even when he reached the house, kept going. I closed the door behind me and ran up the stairs, just catching him close his office door.

I opened it up. "Listen, I know you're mad at me and I understand how pissed you are at me but-"
"I was mad that I didn't know where you were. Most of the time I was either frustrated or so damn worried. I couldn't sleep without you with me, Astrid. I thought you were mad at me and left. It was worse than rejection because we were still connected," Jacob explained. It took me a moment before I realized that he wasn't mad at me. "You're not mad?" I asked quietly walking over to Jacob. His crouched over back had been facing me before when he was leaning against his desk. "God, Astrid, even if I was mad at you I could never be mad for long. I love you," Jacob told me as he turned to face me. I rolled my lips in my mouth.

"Harley isn't that bad of a person-" I started but froze when Jacob stroked my hair. He looked into my eyes as I noticed a tired look was almost plastered on his face. "I don't want to talk about the Rogue," Jacob said.
"The what do you want to talk about?" I asked.
"Nothing," Jacob whispered. He leaned over and placed his lips gently on mine. Our lips became one and moved like a song; rhythm with lyrics, bass with the beat. I didn't realize we had backed up until my back hit the cold wall.

Jacob's head moved over to my neck where he began to suck on my claim mark. I felt a tingle sensation that erupted all over my body, just from that little spot. I moaned and pulled Jacob's hair so he was closer. Jacob's hands stroked down my sides and tugged on the end of my shirt up. "Jacob, wait," I said, halting the heated action. My wolf grew mad at me for stopping something that could grow magical. Jacob pulled away from my neck. "What is it?" he asked.
"It's just- I- I don't know what will happen this time. I'm worried," I muttered.
"About what?" Jacob said. I paused. "What will happen to this baby, if..."
"Don't think like that. Whatever happens, happens. You know I love and what happened with the other baby was just a bump in the road. But guess what?" Jacob replied.
"Hmm?" I asked.
"They just repaved the road," Jacob said then started kissing me again.

He pulled up my shirt and flung it on his desk. I felt him reach a hand down and lift up my left leg so it was now wrapped around his side. He did the same with my other leg and then I was lifted up even higher against the wall. My head hit the corner of something and I broke the kiss and looked up. A picture frame. Jacob and I chuckled. I took the picture off the nail that was in the wall and threw to the other end of the room. It smashed into bits and the sun made it sparkle like glitter. "I love you," Jacob said. His hands traced up my back and undid my bra. It fell down and went to the floor.

I pulled on Jacob's shirt collar and tore it to pieces. Jacob chuckled. "I love a girl with muscle," Jacob said huskily.
"If it wasn't for my Wolf, I wouldn't even have muscle," I replied. Jacob kissed me between my boobs then started to tug on my jeans. I pulled his head towards me, taking my time with how it was going and slid my tongue into his mouth.

********

I sat up and checked the clock on the wall. 10:47 p.m. I looked down at Jacob, his shirtless body, then his face. He was smiling up at me with his hands behind his head. I looked around the room and saw our destruction. The couch was tipped over next to the broken picture and picture frame, and Jacob's supplies on his desk was all over the floor. "We made a mess," I stated.
"Hey at least we didn't destroy the house," Jacob replied.
"That would be bad," I said.
"Do you wanna try?" Jacob suggested. I smiled at him shook my head. "No thanks," I told him.
"Come on you can think of it as a partnership, working together as a team. Just us two mates," Jacob said trying to convince me.
"And we can sing the 'clean up' song?" I asked.
"I'd like to clean you up," Jacob said pulling me back down onto him. I threw my leg over him, straddling his waist. "You're a dirty dog," I replied.
"Maybe you should put me in the dog house," Jacob suggested. I kissed his nose. "Some other time," I told him before climbing off of him, feeling the plush white rug below my feet, and heading towards the door.