Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"Marisa, it's so nice to see you," I lied. Marisa nodded and looked around. "Tom is getting a burger and I thought now would be a good time to speak to you. I'm sure Jacob told you that I wanted to talk to you," Marisa said. I nodded. "Sure, what do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Can we talk upstairs? This is more of a you and me type of thing," Marisa asked.

"Of coarse." Crap! What did she need that was so important? I led her upstairs and into a guest bedroom. "What'd you need?" I asked.

"I just wanna say, I'm sorry about my attitude before. Everything you've done for this pack is amazing, it truly is. Before, I mean when I was the Luna I thought that was the way, I obeyed the rules and let Tom take care of everything and only asked what was going on. I understand now that it was wrong for me to judge you before I even met you or saw what you have done. I guess being away from my pack and son was hard," Marisa explained.

I smiled. It was nice of her to actually say something like that and apologize. Before, I would have never thought she had an ounce of kindness in her soul.

"Thank you Marisa, I think you'll be a good grandma," I replied. Marisa smiled at me. "I'm so excited," Marisa said.

"Good, I'm excited to be a mother but nervous," I admitted.

"Don't worry, I think everyone is for their first kid, heck maybe even their second I know I was," Marisa told me. I chuckled. "Do you want something to drink?" I asked as we went down the stairs.

"No thanks, but I think I'll go make a fruit kabob," Marisa answered. I nodded and she went off outside. I went back into the kitchen to talk to Harley but she was gone. I sighed, grabbed my smoothie, and went back outside. I found Jacob with Clayton, Austin, and some other men from our pack laughing. I would have joined but I'm sure being the only girl in an all boy group would send Jacob mad and have all the other guys a run for their money. Even if they were apart of the pack. I went over to a picnic table and sat down, closed my eyes, and enjoyed the sun's rays on my skin.

"Hey, Mighty Alpha," someone said. I peeked through one of my eyelids to see Derek. I smiled at him. "Having fun?" I asked.

"Of coarse, but it makes me wonder what my She Alpha is doing over here and all alone?" Derek replied.

"Jacob is off talking with the guys and I'm pretty sure if I went over there, it would World War III because apparently I can't be around twenty guys that may or may not have mates," I said. Derek smirked at me. "I'm a guy, we're alone, and I currently don't have a mate," Derek said slinging an arm around me. I laughed. "Don't push it Derek," I giggled. Suddenly, Derek was pulled away from me and being held by only his shirt collar as Jacob lifted him up in the air. "I don't think so," Jacob growled. I laughed and stood up. "Jacob, be nice, he was only goofing around," I said.

"He was touching you," Jacob implied.

"It's not like he can do anything, I'm already pregnant," I replied crossing my arms. Jacob's eyes shifted up and down my body a couple of times before Derek cleared his throat. "I'm- uh- going to step out of the whole undressing with your eyes thing and get another burger," Derek said. Jacob's eyes looked over at Derek before he let him go and Derek walked away calmly as if it never happened.

I shook my head at Jacob as he tried looking everywhere but at me. "Men," I stated before walking away.

*******

I stirred around for a while before I decided to get up and use the bathroom. The party today was hard work and I was worn out and I think I would agree the baby was too. I stretched my arms and yawned before I stood up and headed for the bathroom. "What are you doing?" Jacob's sleepy, yet husky voice asked. I turned around and smiled at my sleeping mate. "Using the bathroom. I don't think you would like to come," I whispered. Jacob sighed. "Hmm... okay," he mumbled. I continued on my journey to the bathroom and when I finished something caught my attention.

"What is that?" I asked smelling the air. I walked over to the window by Jacob's side of the bed and opened it up. "What are you doing?" Jacob grumbled.

"Do smell that?" I asked, "It smells like something is burning." Jacob sat up, alerted, the sleep gone from his eyes. He was by my side in an instant peering out the window. "Fuck!" he cursed then was gone in an instant. I heard the front door slam shut then Jacob's figure running towards a glow of light. I moved away from the window and went into Austin and Mia's room, banging on their door. "Wake up! Wake up!" I yelled. Austin opened the door, Mia at his side wearing one oversided t-shirt that I knew was Austin's. "What?" Austin asked groggily.

"There's a fire, Jacob went out to-" I didn't even finish before Austin went running past me and also slamming the front door behind him when he made it down the stairs. I looked back at Mia and grabbed her hand. "Come on," I said.

"I don't think we should go out there," Mia said as we scurried off the front yard.

"I don't care, I need to help my pack and we need to make sure everyone is okay," I replied.

We raced to Alicia and Nathan's house and banged on their front door. "Get out of the house!" I screamed. Alicia and Nathan got to the door, both looking like I should piss off. "Astrid, what is your problem?" Alicia asked rubbing her eyes.

"There's a flipping fire, Alicia," I snapped grabbing them and pulling them out of the house.

"Calm down, where is it at?" Nathan asked. I froze staring behind them. I could practically feel the heat from here. They followed my eyes at the glowing flames that were behind the house by a little ways, burning down trees. "We have to go, now!" Mia yelled.

Where was Jacob? Where was everyone?

I wanted to mind link him, but I didn't want to distract him either if he was getting people out. Screaming caught my attention, my fear spiking up. "Astrid, come on!" Alicia yelled at me. I looked back at my friends who were a little ways away standing near the forest that would get them out of harm's way. "Go! I need to help my pack!" I said. I heard their objections and yelling as I ran away from them and towards the deeper part of my pack.

"Hello?!" I screamed out repeatedly if someone needed me. A little boy's crying got my attention and I headed in the direction of it, the smoke causing me to cough. I found Carson curled up on the ground behind a tree, his house a couple feet away burning up. "Come on Carson, I'm here to help you," I said softly opening up my arms for him. Carson came to me and I held his hand and directed him away from the burning house right before it crumbled to the ground. Astrid, where are you? Jacob said as I dodged every burning tree with Carson crying.

"It's okay, we're going to get out of here," I cooed looking around the fire pit. I'm with Carson, I'm trying to get out, I answered.

You need to get out of there now! Jacob ordered. I coughed for a second before running towards and opening. The smoke was getting to me and making me weaker, I could tell it was effecting Carson too as he coughed. "We're gonna get out," I said. I tripped over a tree root and fell to the ground, Carson laying beside me. I coughed some more, only thinking about Carson and the baby. We needed to get out.

I looked over at Carson to see him slowly passing out. "We're gonna get out," I croaked. Several, grey, and blurry figures approached us. "We're gonna-" I started, barley getting a word out before I closed my eyes.

------------------------------------------

It's over! As in the 2nd book and does 'it's over' remind you of that Cheetah Girls song from the second movie? How convenient...

You can go find the 3rd book now! It's called: The She Alpha's Bite!

Anyways, comment, vote, follow, PM!