Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I was kept on lock down for the rest of the evening and from my understanding it would be for the rest of my life. I had tried to inform them that a traitor could be within the pack but all they said was 'we will handle it' or 'we'll figure it out later'. To be honest it was a big problem. They could be going out and talking to them right now and no one would even know it. Our plans would pass on to Abby and it would be compromised.

I was instructed to stay home and not leave without several guards. It was a pain in the ass. I couldn't even go pee (and being a pregnant woman has to pee a lot) without some guy standing at the door. Jacob and I's relationship was still a little rocky since we ate with his parents.

All he would do is go to the pack building straight in the morning or his office and not come out until I was getting ready for bed. Our conversations just included 'goodnight'. One time I went into his office (only peeking my head in due to my other attempts and I had stepped into his office and went to his desk but was told 'I'm busy') and tried to persuade him into deciding on a color or a theme for the baby's room only I got a finger for me to wait a minute, as he was on the phone. After waiting five minutes, and the phone call still going, I mumbled that we could do it another time and left.

I did however, decide to maybe to one wall one color and another wall another. There were four main walls in the room I was deciding as the baby's room and another section that would have been a full wall only I decided to take out part of it and make a little almost closet-like space to put a rack above a changing station that also had spaces to put woven baskets for storage. The closet was on the same wall only more by the door. From the changing station if I looked to my right I could look outside a window.

When the workers were starting to take out the section of the wall, Jacob came in and yelled at them. Apparently it was too loud or something. Jacob and I got into a heated argument later that day and he never came to bed.

"Here's Auntie Mia!" Mia exclaimed coming into the baby's room. I had finally had the time to let the workers come back and finish the job while Jacob was at the pack building. I also tipped the five guys fifty dollars each and gave them an apology about how it's been stressful. They somehow understood completely. "Hey, Mia," I greeted then looked back at the examples of paint for the room. Mia sat down next to me, Indian style. "Picking out paint?" she asked.
"Yeah, um... Jacob couldn't because he's busy so, I decided to take things into a single parent thing," I answered.
"Well, what colors do you like so far?" Mia asked grabbing the shoreline green. I shrugged. "I like all of them to be honest, but some are too girly if it's a boy and some are too boyish if it's a girl," I sighed.

"Well how about you decide on the paint color after you find out the gender?" Mia suggested. I shook my head. "Guards would have to come and I would want it to be just Jacob and me, but he's too busy and forcing me to be a Luna now, so...," I trailed off knowing she would understand perfectly. Mia nodded. "Maybe we could find something for both. Like a dark color but a color to compliment it and be something to work for both gender," Mia suggested.
"I've tried but once I find a color I think could actually work, I see the other favorites," I sighed. Mia looked through the options before sectioning them off like a puzzle. "How about Cozumel with the daffodil yellow?" Mia asked.

I picked up the two samples and looked at them then looked around the room. "Maybe," I said after a while. Then I smiled. "Alicia suggested a Winnie the Pooh theme and I grabbed a brown color called root beer that I think will work. If we use the yellow and brown and get some original looking Winnie the Pooh characters and paint a tree and write everyone important in the baby's life, maybe add some fall leaves or something-" I rambled.
"That would be so cute! Jacob would love that!" Mia exclaimed standing up and jumping around. I giggled then stopped as my smile faded.

"Nah, he'd just brush it off," I stated. Mia shook her head and bent down in front of me. "I know Jacob, Astrid. He is my brother, he shares my blood, and he is also your mate. He loves you with all his heart and more. He's been thrilled from the start once he found you. He doesn't brush you off," Mia told me.
"I'm going to go send Harley to get the paint," I said getting up.
"Harley?" Mia asked, a confused look on her face, "Why her?"
"She's one of my closest friends and I know everyone around here including her brother aren't sure about her and don't like the idea of me being friends with a Rogue but we've really bonded and I don't care what you guys think. I trust her," I explained.
"Alright," Mia sighed.

After calling Harley and telling her the exact colors and names she went off. Mia called over Alicia and we started looking and buying stuff online to match the baby's room. I didn't see Jacob all day or hear from him until four o'clock in the afternoon. "Yeah?" I asked adjusting the house phone that was resting between my shoulder and my ear. I heard Jacob take in a long sigh. "Can you come down to the pack building?" Jacob asked. He sounded annoyed. "Uh- sure," I said.
"Alright, great. See you soon," Jacob replied.
"Okay, bye," I said. I almost said 'I love you' but Jacob ended the call. I swung the phone around for a minute before also ending it. "What'd Jacob have to say?" Mia asked.
"I've got to go to the pack building, do you think you can call Harley and ask if she found the paint?" I answered.
"Sure."

********

"I'm here!" I exclaimed meeting Jacob by the door, "What's up?" Jacob scratched the back of his head. "We locked up Harley," Jacob said.
"What?!" I shouted.

I was completely outraged.

"Why the fuck did you do that?" It wasn't like me to cuss like that but I couldn't help it. "You can't just do that to my friend!" I shouted. I pushed past him and stormed my way downstairs to the pack prison area. "Astrid, didn't you think that it was a coincidence that she just showed up and days later we were attacked by Abigail?" Jacob said after me.
"Shut up, Jacob! She is my friend and you can't just do that! Harley is my fucking friend and just because she seems shady to you and maybe everyone else in this fucking world does not give you the right to just lock her up!" I yelled as we went down the stairs.
"Astrid-" Jacob started. I turned around and swung my hand across his face. "Just leave me alone."

--------------------------
So... that happened, I mean not everyone can have a happily ever after, even mates. I guess you guys will just have to wonder. I'm sorry! I mean if I knew that would happen in a story I was reading I would probably scream outside, but considering it's summer I choose not to get bit up by mosquitos and let giant moths inside. So, ya.