Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"But we can't just leave him," I objected.

"Astrid, you're pregnant and you haven't been with your mate for a while. You're not thinking clearly," Alicia assured me.

"I'm fine! Don't tell me I'm not thinking clearly because I am. We are not going to just let him die in the hands of our enemy," I snapped. Alicia backed away. "Friday is the date, if we're planning we need to plan because tomorrow is our only full day left," Clayton said. I looked down at my stomach. I was four weeks along. The baby officially had a heart, eyes, and limbs. As soon as I got back home I had a check up to make sure the baby and I were okay. I looked back up at the Warriors, guards, and my friends.

"I will not have my baby go without their father. This pack can't have Jacob gone either because it needs him, we need him. How many times has he protected the pack? I still feel like a newbie to all of this and I know I'm learning. I do know one thing is for sure. We were all brought together by Jacob. Whether he's blood related." I looked at Mia who was curled under Austin's arm. "Friend." I looked at Clayton. "Alpha." I looked at the Warriors, including Sam. "Or maybe because he's my mate and you just happened to be around when I found him." I looked at Alicia and Nathan who smiled. "But we need him, everyone of us. I understand if you're afraid of what could happen, because I know- trust me I know, that we could die. I could die for trying to save my mate, the one person in this world who is meant for me and I know that as soon as I'm gone he'll go mad, but I will do anything- anything to save him. You either join me or get off my damn territory," I explained.

I looked around the room and found Harley smirking at me. She moved away from the wall she was leaning on and nodded as all eyes in the room watched her. "I'll join you. I know what it's like to not have a mate and I don't want that for you or to have that pup inside you without a dad," Harley said. I smiled. Next up was Alicia and Nathan. "Girl, we've stuck together forever and you're practically a sister to me. We're in," Alicia said. My smile grew. Clayton nodded. "He's my Alpha and even if he's not related by blood he is my brother," he told me.

"I have always looked up to him, I'm in," Mia said.

Soon enough, everyone was in.

Around noon, the screen in the meeting room went on. And on the screen was Abby and Jacob tied to a chair behind her. So this was what it must have been like for Jacob to see me. "Greetings my viewers! I am so glad you could join me for this special update!" Abby exclaimed. I tried to get a better view of Jacob but Abby wouldn't move from her spot, blocking my vision of Jacob except for a little bit of his legs. "As you can tell behind me," Abby stepped to the side, "This isn't Astrid, our lovable she alpha."

"No shit," Jacob grumbled. Abby turned around and slapped him in the face with a swipe. I flinched when the sound of skin hitting skin rang through my ears.

"Here we have Jacob instead, Astrid's mate," Abby introduced. She walked to the back of the chair and I saw the impact she had to Jacob. There were three lines on his face- most likely from her manicure- that had fresh blood coming out of them. "Jacob," I breathed.

"And you know what, I have decided that it might be better to have her mate instead of her herself. I mean when I kill Jacob tomorrow, it will cause her more suffering than if I killed her. So I want to thank Jacob here for coming and Astrid for her dear support. See you tomorrow," Abby told us. The screen went black.

Half of me wanted it to turn back on just so I could see Jacob and know that he was alive. The other half didn't because I knew he could get hurt and I needed to plan to save him. "We'll get him back, we'll get him back," I whispered to my baby and placed a hand on my stomach.