Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Emma's piercing scream made me turn and find her. She was curled up in a ball next to her brother's body. "Emma!" I called running to her side. She didn't stop screaming and since I was next to her, it was louder. "Emma, stop. Stop it, Em," I told her. She looked up at me, mascara staining her cheeks in rivers of ink. "Emma," I said softly. Her eyes grew wide and she pointed behind me. I turned around and saw a brown wolf. Vincent. "You can't hide forever, Astrid," Vincent told me. He crouched low to the ground and tackled me. I heard my bones snap and the pain rippled through me. I screamed for help....

"Astrid, Astrid," Jacob said. I panted as I looked around the room for his familiar face. He was right next to me, on my right with a half full glass of water. "Astrid, what happened?" Jacob asked. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I closed my eyes, but pictured Vincent ripping my flesh off, and opened them again. "Vincent," I said. Jacob offered the water to me. I shook my head and looked over to my off cream colored sweater. "No thanks, I think I'll go take a walk," I told him.

"Are you sure? You can talk about it," Jacob suggested. I got off of the bed and walked over to my sweater and hugged it around me. "I'm good," I said, my voice cracking slightly.

I took in deep breaths as I walked around in the backyard. I tried to get my mind off of my nightmare but it wouldn't disappear. I needed to distract myself but there was nothing to distract me with. I sighed and sat down in the grass. "Why can't you get out of my head?" I asked Vincent.

He was gone. Long gone, I killed him many weeks ago, and yet he was still here, hauntingly.

"Need help?" someone whispered behind me. A cold silver object was brought to the front of my neck. I grew stiff like a statue, not recognizing the voice. "What do you want?" I asked. Their scent was not one of my pack or a pack I had been with/experienced. "You," they answered.

"I'm already pregnant so good luck with-" I started.

"I don't want you for sex," they hissed. I then realized it was a girl. I'm an idiot. "What do you want then?" I repeated.

"You're coming with me," she replied grabbing my arm and pulling me along with her into a silver SUV.

She placed a blindfold around my eyes and a cloth in my mouth. I felt a needle get injected into me and I fell asleep instantly. When I woke up, I was tied to a chair, a table with a burgundy cloth over it. There was a dim light coming from another table in the room with papers on it. Someone tilted my neck to the side and I flinched as another needle was injected into me. "It cuts off all mind links for an hour, in case you get any ideas about calling your friends," the girl said. She walked around me and sat down across from me. She had brown hair that when catching light would turn slightly red in a bob. She just wore a white leather jacket and a plain black shirt and black skinny jeans. Her dark green eyes had the smokey look added to them.

"Who are you?" I asked trying to ignore the pain in my neck. She stared at me with her poker face before answering, "Harley."

"Like the bike?" I asked. She dug in her jacket pocket and pulled out a gun and aimed it at me. "Like the person who can kill you with a single shot," she said. My eyes went back and forth from her to the gun as she swung her feet up onto the table. "Now, I don't want any trouble Astrid. I get that you're a big time alpha star just because you're a female but the Alpha you killed was something else," Harley told me.

"Vincent?" I replied. She nodded. "He was a psychotic bitch period," Harley said.

"Did you know him?" I asked.

"Yeah," she answered sliding her feet off the table and leaning towards me, still keeping the gun aimed at me as she crossed her arms, "some Dad he was."