Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I closed our bedroom door and locked it. I sighed before walking over to the bed and laying down on it. I gently rubbed my stomach. "You're daddy overreacts sometimes," I said. I closed my eyes trying to remember the last hour. I turned my head and looked at the time. 3:30 a.m. I groaned and rubbed my forehead. "I'm glad I'm not alone, although I would hate if you got hurt," I told my baby. I closed my eyes again but this time fell back to sleep.

"Astrid! Astrid!" someone yelled. I grumbled under my breath before rolling over and heading to the door. I unlocked it. "Yes?" I groaned rubbing my eyes.
"Thanks," Jacob said stepping beside me and going over to his dresser.
"Anytime," I replied going back over to the bed. I watched Jacob grab a new shirt and shorts. "You didn't break down the door," I stated.
"Why would I do that? I'm not King Kong or a Gremlin you know," Jacob said closing the drawers.
"You're right, you're Jacob. Right in between a gigantic gorilla who has feelings for a petty girl and a gremlin which by the way, should I be feeding you past midnight?" I replied. Jacob looked over at me with an eyebrow raised. "Get dressed, we have an appointment to go to," Jacob told me.

After we got dressed, we went to the pack doctor. There were two other women there, Charlotte, who was having her first child and Paula, who was having her second. Charlotte seemed quite excited and so did Paula, claiming she was having different cravings than last time. I got acquainted with them very well, until my name was called. I had to tap Jacob on the shoulder, he was reading some sports magazine the whole time ignoring his surroundings. That included me, thanks mate, I love you too.

"Hello, Astrid. How are you doing?" my doctor, Dr. Benson asked. She sat down on her rolling chair. "Fine," I answered. Besides the fact that I was threatened of my life last night and a gun was placed to my head, just dandy.

"That's good," Dr. Benson answered. She pulled out a pen off her clipboard. "And Al- Jacob how have you been?" Dr. Benson asked. Jacob shrugged. "Same as always I guess," Jacob answered, "Although I'm being kept pretty busy." I looked over at him and stuck my tongue out at him. "You'll be kept pretty busy once a baby is in your life," Dr. Benson told him. I looked around at the walls and noticed a chart of the certain amount of weeks with the female's stomach growing. Just thinking that would be me made me move around on the cot-chair type thing with excitement. Dr. Benson got off of her chair and came over to me.

After going through all of the checkup, the baby and I turning out fine, we left. Jacob went up to his office when we got home, claiming he had important calls and work to do. Lately, he seemed more and more busy. I blamed it on the new pack members at a lot of packs that were apart of Vincent's pack.

So, instead of staying home and just wait around for Jacob to finish, I drove over to Scott and Emma's house. When I knocked on the door, Reggie answered. "Hey, preggors how's it going?" he asked. I rolled my eyes. Obviously, Emma had told the pack. "Hi, Reggie. Is Emma and Scott here?" I asked.
"Yeah, they're either out at the pool or something. I don't know, I was just raiding their fridge," Reggie admitted.
"That's nice. What's in there?" I asked feeling kinda hungry.
"Leftovers of some meat for sandwiches and some other junk," Reggie answered.
"You should be an author with that description," I replied. Reggie chuckled. "The hormones are getting to you, huh?" Reggie said when I walked in. "Or the truth," I told him grabbing a couple of chips.

I hung out with Scott and Emma for a while before heading back home. I couldn't help myself by looking at the yard. How had Harley gotten in last night? We had guards surrounding the territory, so unless she flashed them, gave them money, or- no, they still wouldn't let her pass even for that. I carried on and went inside to binge watch some Netflix.

Around lunchtime, Jacob came downstairs. He sat down next to me as I watched The Secret Life of the American Teenager. "What's this?" Jacob asked.
"One of my favorite shows," I answered. I was now halfway through season 2. I was like a champion when it came to binge watching Netflix. "How do you feel about tacos for lunch?" Jacob asked.
"Sounds perfect. Are you making it?" I replied knowing the answer.
"Nope. Start it up," Jacob told me. I sighed and made my way to the kitchen. "You realize that when I have this baby, you'll have to do more work than sit in the office and go to the pack building, right? Why don't you get Clayton and Austin to do some work? I'm sure they'd be happy to," I suggested.
"Maybe," Jacob answered.

*********

I rolled over in bed, then jolted up when I felt a liquid by my legs. "Jacob, Jacob," I said.
"Hmm... what?" he asked.
"I'm bleeding," I told him. Jacob sat up. "I- I- I don't think I'm supposed to," I muttered feeling hot tears warm up in my eyes. Jacob grabbed one of his sweatshirts.

I sat nervously on the cot at the pack hospital. My legs were shaking, a cord was hooked up to me, and Jacob was sitting down in a chair next to the bed. When Dr. Benson came back, Jacob and I had our eyes and full attention on her. "Astrid, I'm sorry," Dr. Benson said holding her clipboard to her chest, "Sometimes these things just happen but we don't know why."

My stomach dropped. Tears fell down my face.

I lost it. I lost my baby.

My baby.....