Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"That was awkward," Alicia stated grabbing a slip of paper that was a shamrock green. I nodded and grabbed a bridesmaid pink color slip. "And did you see the way Marisa looked at me? It was like she was ready to dig my grave," I replied. I decided to keep the pink color and found a shoreline green that I pondered over. "What about this?" Alicia asked showing a Tucson teal. Home Depot had lots of colors to choose from. I was looking for something cheery and bright but not neon lights bright. And not dull and boring colors. I shrugged. "Maybe," I said thinking of just repairing every room. Who wouldn't when you're going to just paint one room? Sometimes every room needs a makeover.

"This one?" Alicia asked. It was Cozumel. "Pretty. I like it," I answered taking the slip of paper from her. Alicia moved over to the pinks and grabbed something. "Maybe you should get this in your bedroom, 'romantic morn'," Alicia laughed.
"Yeah, I don't think so," I retorted. Alicia laughed again and put it back. "This one is nice," I said showing off a isle of Capri. Alicia nodded. "We also need a theme for this room! Beach, Disney, something cute and-"
"We don't know what it is Alicia, I just found out I was pregnant this morning," I interrupted. Alicia sighed while rolling her eyes. "Then have it be something for either gender. The Hundred Acre Wood would do," Alicia said tapping her finger against her chin as she looked at the paints. I grabbed a paint slip and showed Alicia. "'Gem turquoise'?" I asked. Alicia shrugged.

I pulled out a paint slip called 'sweet rhapsody'. It was a light blue color. "What's a color that could go for either gender but it's not green?" I asked.
"Yellow, orange, depending on the color blue, blue," Alicia answered, "But if you want to go boring you could go for a dark shade of brown. That just smells of poop. Hehe, poop. I made a joke." I looked over at her, a smile growing on my lips. "You're so weird," I told her.
"This peanut butter brown isn't that bad," Alicia said, "It could be okay for a bathroom... I guess."
"'Youthful coral'?" I asked desperately hopeful. Alicia walked over to me. "Ooh, sounds beachy but looks more of a bathroom or maybe a girl's room," Alicia said. I moaned and put it back. "This is so hard!" I complained.
"Hey, it's not my fault you let your mate's hose go into your hydrant," Alicia said. A lady with two kids, one in the cart and the other walking beside her passed by us and froze. Alicia turned around and gave her the stink eye.

"What? It's a free health class. You're kids will have to know about sex eventually," Alicia told her. The woman gaped at her. "What's sex?" the little boy asked.
"Something great! It's like a roller coaster!" Alicia said loudly. The woman started pushing the cart quickly and away from us. "And if you want, I could show you Playboy and give you a boner!" Alicia called after him.
"Keep walking honey," the lady said.
"What's a bo-" the boy started.
"Keep walking!" the lady said harshly. They disappeared into another isle. "You will never be good with kids," I stated as Alicia made her way back to me.

"What are you going to do, hide your kids from me?" Alicia asked and pulling a shade of yellow called sun shower from the example slips. She showed it to me and I nodded. "Good, let's go shopping now," Alicia said. She pulled me out of the store and into the car where we drove to the mall and went to Forever 21.

When we were done shopping, we went back home where there was a note on the counter from Jacob that he was helping his parents move into their newly refurbished house. It left Alicia and me by ourselves. "Where are you going?" I asked Alicia as she strutted up the stairs.
"To find you an outfit, you need to look presentable to your in laws," Alicia answered. She disappeared from my sight and I sighed. I looked down at my outfit: grey sweatpants and a sweatshirt. "Can't some sweats be good?!" I yelled out to her.
"Nu-uh!" she yelled back. I exaggerated my groan as I got up from the couch and went upstairs. Somehow within minute, she managed to throw most of my close on the floor in front of the closet. "What are you doing?" I asked at the doorway and started my way through the clothes maze.