Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I gazed at the map of all the different pack territories, trying to memorize them again but my mind was too filled. I was leaning against a table trying to figure out what she alpha would attack or even want to. The only she alphas around were Emma and Jessica. Emma started to consider herself a she alpha although now she was probably busy with being pregnant. Jessica was the she alpha of a smaller pack, Blood Raven. I saved her life and her pack I knew she would never do that, even then her pack was small and couldn't do the damage it did to mine. I sighed and scrunched my brow. All the other packs were ruled by males. It didn't make sense.

"Hey, Alpha," someone said behind me. My focus wad lost and went to the girl at the glass door. "Hey, Sam. What's up?" I asked turning back to the map. She walked over beside me and looked down at the map. "Taking a break from guarding, we're all taking shifts," Sam explained.

"Good. We don't need anymore injured Wolves in the pack," I replied.

"And you're trying to figure out who this she alpha is?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, but it's all a lost cause so far. Emma and Jessica are the only she alphas so far. If not, we would have been informed so. The other alphas would tell us too," I told her.

"Hmm... Emma couldn't but what about Jessica? We haven't seen her since Vincent attacked. Maybe we should check things out," Sam suggested.

"We?" I asked turning back to her. Sam nodded. "I'm a tough girl, Alpha. I can take care of myself," Sam assured me.

"Do you have a mate?" I asked.

"No. I haven't found him yet," Sam said.

"You remind me of a friend of mine," I mumbled.

"That Rogue that's been hanging around?" Sam asked.

"Her name is Harley."

"Great. Well why don't we get together over some tea and scones and discuss everything." I smiled. "I'd have to pass it by Jacob and I don't know if he'll agree since last time I went to another pack I ended up staying within enemy lines," I said.

"Maybe I can pass it by him," Sam suggested.

"Did you ever get in trouble for letting me run off into the war?" I asked off subject.

"Nah, I think you took all the glory when you killed Vincent," Sam answered.

"Sorry."

"Hey, the spotlight isn't for me. I'm more of a lighting or sound check up person stunt double." Sam started heading towards the door. "See you around, Alpha," Sam said saluting. I returned it back to her. "C'ya," I replied.

"I don't like you leaving," Jacob stated as I zipped up my purse. I looked over at him. "I know. But this is only for a few hours. Blood Raven pack is only a couple of hours away," I said.

"And you're going with a guy," Jacob added. I rolled my eyes and slung my purse over me. "Jacob, it's Derek. He is one of your most trusted. He's like a fourth in command almost. I mean he helped the girls lock me up that one day," I reminded. I kissed Jacob's nose and he scrunched it up afterwards. "I know but why couldn't you have gone with Alicia or Emma or Mia or something?" Jacob asked following me down the stairs. I sighed. "Because Emma is pregnant and that could stress her out. I'm giving Nathan and Alicia time for themselves for a while without me dragging them into my problems. And Mia is your sister. If I invited her, neither of us would walk out the door because you wouldn't want to lose your mate and sister," I explained. I stopped at the front door and turned around. "You know me so well," Jacob said placing his arms around my waist. "Good thing too, I don't think any mates can go on without knowing anything about their other half."