Chapter 22

Chapter 22

~Jacob~

My blood boiled as I saw my mate with Abigail. Somehow she had taken over the screen in the pack building and everywhere in my territory and from the incoming calls, my guess was she had also gotten into other packs screens. "Alright, alright, smile at the camera," Abby said. She grabbed Astrid's face and faced her towards the camera. Astrid struggled to get out of Abby's grasp. Abby smiled before Astrid hissed, "Like hell!" It was always like Astrid to put up a fight. Abby faced away from the camera and smiled at Astrid. "And that's just where you and your fetus friend are going," Abby replied.

"Leave my baby out of this! They have nothing to do with this and you know that! We agreed-" Astrid started.

"You agreed that that thing wouldn't get hurt. I did nothing of the sorts," Abby interjected. It angered me even more now that my child was in danger. I was surprised I hadn't become Hulk yet. Astrid's eyes glistened from the tears that were forming in her eyes. I clenched my fist and jaw. "This is my only time to be a mom. This could be my only chance, Abigail, please, don't take my baby away from me," Astrid pleaded. The thought before, of losing our first baby came to mind. The pain we both went through, especially Astrid, she was thrilled when she found out. It was going to be the start of our family, and if now this baby was our last chance I wasn't going to risk it or just give it up. I wanted to have a family and I wanted Astrid to be happy.

I had caused her so much anger and pain. I ignored her so I could do work, but she was so distracting, not necessarily in a bad way, it's just she wanted to talk about other things, things that weren't at all related to what was happening around us. I wanted to reverse time or at least scream at myself for telling her she was going to be a Luna. She wasn't, not now, not ever.

"Not my problem, Astrid. And this baby is involved considering it is apart of the pack and your... offspring," Abby replied. My mate shook her head. Abby turned back around and faced the camera. "Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Astrid. People may call her cunning, brave, a good leader and role model when in reality she is nothing of the sorts. Join me this Friday to see Astrid's pleasant goodbye to this world," Abby paused and winked at the camera, a growl came out of my chest, "I hope to see you then." The screen went snowy then black. After a second, it went back to its original format.

Everyone in the room slowly turned to me. "We have to find them," I snarled.

I pushed the doors open and stormed down the hallways until I reached outside and shifted into my Wolf. I howled out to the sky. My Astrid, my precious Astrid was gone from me, my baby was gone, and I didn't know if it would ever see the light of day. I needed to protect them and save them. It was my duty, to them, to my pack, and to myself.

I found myself in the secret place where Astrid and I would come to take a break and relax. I turned around in a circle and rested on the forest floor.

********

Once I was returned to my cell, guards came and brought me food, macaroni and cheese, with a banana, and milk. "You know, these aren't the types of foods to satisfy cravings," I told the guards, unfolding my banana. One of the guards glared at me. "Put it in the questions and comments box, would ya?" he snapped back.

"Don't worry I will," I paused and bit my banana, "Right before my death is broadcasted."

"And it will be a pleasant thing that will be," he replied. I smirked. "Yes, especially when my mate comes back for revenge on you assholes and rips your head off your body, scatters the rest of your limbs on the ground, and your so-called precious blood will be spilled and will paint the floor red."

The She Alpha's Mark (Book 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara