Body to Body, Heart to Heart

Joel's POV

"M-More."

My voice was nearly gone and my throat was dry as Devlin slowly raised and lowered my hips, as he thrust into me again and again.

"You need to rest, Joel. You're going to need your strength and us doing this isn't going to help you recover for the fight today."

"Do you . . . Do you want to stop?"

"I want to fill you with my pups Joel, I want to see you swell as they grow inside of you and to hold your hand as you bring them i
nto this world."

Pushing his hands aside, I started bouncing on him, throwing my head back as I felt him forcefully hitting a spot inside of me that made my vision go white for several seconds.

"T-Then give me what you want, fill me with your pups . . . I-I want that I want to be so connected to you that you'll never want to leave me. I don't want to be hurt or lose my mate again, even if you don't love me as long as you stay with me it doesn't matter."

"Do you really believe you matter so little, Joel?"

I smiled sadly and my vision was cloudy when I looked down at my mate.

"When I first learned that I was mated to Kyle, I was so happy that nothing anyone said or did could break through the bubble of happiness I was feeling. It didn't matter that I was the future Luna, all that mattered to me was the love I saw in his eyes every time they met mine and when I found out I was having our pups, it felt like everything was complete . . . like I would have everything I ever wanted, but he shattered me until there was nothing left, he stole the life of my baby and he destroyed my family all because I trusted him. Before i met you I truly believed that what he had done to me was the worst thing that had ever happened to me, but now I know deep down in the core of my being that if you decided  I wasn't good enough for you and abandoned me, there would be nothing left to make me go on living."

Devlin held my hips while he continued roughly thrusting inside of me and I whimpered softly at the uncomfortable sensation.

"You would abandon your pups if I left you? You would throw away everything I see in you because I am no longer beside you and you think I'm happy to hear that?"

"D-Devlin, please . . . I . . . I can't -----------."

"Promise me that no matter what happens you will hold on to your life and be there for your pups, that you will go on and be happy even if I am no longer with you."

"I can't, I can't. I___________."

I felt a tear slip down my cheek and his thumb wipe it away as he gently pulled me down and pressed his lips against mine in a tender kiss. I shivered when his warm breath brushed across my face as he spoke against my lips.

"I love you, Joel, I have since I came into that hospital room and saw you mourning your pup, yet refusing to give up in spite of the agony I saw in your eyes, I wanted you for my mate even before my wolf called out for me to claim you. I love what I see in you and I know that you would be able to go on even if I wasn't there with you . . . it breaks my heart to know that you can move on without me, but it would completely destroy me if you allow my death to cause you to give up after everything you've survived. Please promise me that you won't end your life if something happens to me."

"I . . . I_________."

"Please, Joel."

I-I promise Devlin."

Smiling against my lips, he released his hold on my hips, causing me to slam down on him one final time and I released a silent scream as my body exploded once again in nearly painful pleasure. I vaguely heard him groan under me as he filled my core with his warmth and I collapsed on his chest. Just as I felt myself drifting off, there was a knock on the door and one of the pack's members announced that it was time for the fight.

Henry's POV

The glass I was holding fell from my grasp and shattered as he approached me and my body instantly started to heat up. I hate this! I hate that even after everything he's done to me, my body still responds to him. Closing my eyes, I tried to control my breathing, ignore the lingering attraction I felt towards the man who ruined my life and stole so much from me. One of the pups cooed and a gentle smile crossed my lips as I focused my attention on the large crib that held the infants. Making my way over to the babes, I felt my smile grow imagining the moment I would hold my own pup in my arms. The smile faded as I remembered the past, would they take this pup too? Would I have to agree to be his mate in order to keep my pup? I shuddered at the thought of his hands on me, his body on mine, I don't think I would be able to survive belonging to him. I froze when I felt heat pressed against my back and large callused fingers brushing against my cheek.

"I could smell your heat throughout the pack house, you smell utterly delicious."

"Please, don't. I don't want this."

"So you say every time, until I touch you, then you melt into my arms and beg me to take you. What's going to make this time different?"

I could feel myself weakening, knowing he was right, even if I hated myself later; even if I built up my defenses, my wolf would cause them to crumble each time, wanting to be with his mate.

"You want me."

"Yes."

"And you will give yourself to me."

"Only my body. I will never give you more than that."

He pulled my trembling form into his arms and all of my resistance faded. Feeling his warm breath against my lips as he lowered his mouth to mine, I quickly turned my head.

"No. I don't want your kiss. I will never allow your lips on me."

Unsurprisingly, he instantly released my chin, his hands instead traveling to my chest where he started to unbutton my shirt; his eyes glazing over as more and more of my skin was exposed. Suddenly a gong sounded, signaling the start of the battle and he pulled away from me, his eyes filled with anger and regret as he started to make his way to the door.

"Wait here for me Henry, after I kill my traitor of a son, I will come back and claim you."

I shook my head in disagreement, too stunned to reply and he just let the familiar cruel smile cross his lips, the smile that reminded me that all of my fighting was in vain, because as soon as he touched me I would surrender. Before I could find my voice he was gone and I fell to my knees, tears gathering in my eyes as I tried and failed to rebuild the walls that were the only defenses for my fragile heart.