A Race Against Time

Sally's pov

(Jamie Lee Curtis as Nurse Sally (I just love her) )

I shouldn't have left him alone. I know our Luna had grown a little stronger since he mated Chris, but he wasn't strong enough to face whatever that monster did to him. I forced myself to push away that thought, I had to keep my promise and get this child to safety. I stepped into the sunlight, only to be stopped by a group of wolves that circled me, staring at the bag on my shoulder. I froze tightening my hand on the bag and their eyes followed the movement, their eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"I need to gather medicines, why are you stopping me?"

"What's in the bag?"

I kept my expression calm, reaching inside the bag and pulling out a see through sachel containing a mixture of mint, wolf'sbane and silver. The group hissed at the sight and backed away, all except one, a tall muscular boy; who must have been a pack warrior.

"Why do you have that?"

"Did Alpha Kyle ask you to question me?"

"Do you have something to hide?"

"Of course not, I use these for protection against rogues. One can never be too safe."

"Give me your bag, I want to search it."

"What's your name, child? "

"Timothy . . . and I'm not a child."

"Well Timothy, have you ever been poisoned by silver?"

"No."

"Wolf'sbane?"

"No."

"Well, that's what in this bag. The good news is I can treat it if you're foolish enough to search my bag, the bad news, well for you; is I won't be able to do anything for most of the symptoms you're going to suffer. But if you insist__________."

Sliding the bag from my arm I held it out to him and he quickly jumped back like I was giving him a poisonous snake. I slid it back on my shoulder and started on my way again, expecting them to try to stop me, but they didn't and I disappeared into the woods, still feeling their eyes on me.

"Well, little one, I hope we don't run into any more trouble before we reach safety.

"Then I guess your hope just got crushed."

I froze where I was, completely calm in spite of the fact that I was surrounded by several rogues and a wolf I knew had dissapeared from this pack two months ago.

"Why are you blocking my way? Let me pass."

"Give us the pup. It's the child of that missing Luna, isn't it?"

I didn't even question how they knew about Luna Jesse or his pup, quickly going on the defensive.

"I will never let you lay a hand on this pup."

"Oh, and how are you going to stop us?"

I placed the bag on the ground and opened the satchel, pouring the mint, silver and wolf'sbane in my hand and placing the mixture  in a protective circle around the bag.

"I'll just have to kill anyone that tries to harm this child."

The wolves surrounding me laughed mockingly and the one that I guess was the leader gave a signal and one of them approached me, a cruel grin on his lips. A cold smirk split  my own lips as he stood in front of me, waiting to see how I'd react.

"Fine, if you want to do this the hard way, don't say I didn't warn you."

Before he could even get into position to attack me, I grabbed  his wrist, pulling him against me until his back was against my front and. letting out my claws on one hand, plunged it into his chest as close as I could get to his heart without actually hitting it. I quickly pulled my claw out, my smirk fading as I released him and watched him collapse to the ground.

"And three, two, one."

The wolf on the ground let out an agonized scream, his body shaking uncontrollably before going completely still.

The leader stepped forward, stopping before he reached me.

"What did you do to him?"

"That's why you shouldn't challenge a wolf you don't know."

"What Did You Do?"

The smirk returning to my face, I nonchalantly studied my claws.

"I poisoned him."

"You what?"

"I poisoned him . . . with silver or wolf'sbane, I'm not sure which one."

"You__________."

"That's right. I managed to build up a tolerence to silver and wolf'sbane so they don't effect me anymore, other wolves however . . . well my blood and claws contain enough poison to bring all of you down."

"Did you kill___________?"

"Your friend will be fine, he was just my warning after all . . . so who's next?"

The wolves looked at each other with hesitation. I retracted my claws and picked up the bag.

"If you're not going to fight me, then get out of my way."

"Why are you so concerned about a pup from another pack anyway?"

"That's none of your business, now move."

The rogues cleared a path for me and I stalked past them, making sure my claws were clearly visible, growing warningly at the rogues until I could no longer sense them behind me. As soon as I knew it was safe, I shifted into my wolf, gripping the bag in my teeth and picking up speed.

'I'll get you home safety, little one and then I shall return and bring your mother back to you.'

The pup chirped in his sleep and I felt the determination to bring his family back together become a solid promise in my mind and heart.

Joey's pov

(Earlier that day)

I managed to calm down a little before reaching the cave we were hiding in, but it was a deadly calm. I was going to kill as many of them as I could and it didn't matter if I died in the process. My heart clenched as thoughts of him, my mate, suddenly filled my mind. How easily would he be able to move on if I was killed? Would he mourn me for a while or find another mate before I was cold in the ground? Why did he accept me in the first place? I deserve to be the Luna of my  pack, to be used and humiliated in every way until I could never lift my head or face my daughter again. Instead, the Moon Goddess gave me a mate that refuses to reject me and is willing to love me in spite of all my faults. I was taken out of my thoughts by hushed voices.

"Well, did you enjoy him?"

"Alpha, please give me permission to kill him."

"And then what? We just waltz into his territory and demand that he gives us the Silver Moon Pack's Luna?"

"We can take them easily, Alpha Jason."

"Like you took their Luna?"

"Alpha__________."

"I smelled the blood on you, Reggie and it's not his."

"I'm sorry,  Alpha."

"Forget it. Tell everyone to pack, we're moving on."

"What about_________?"

"You want him to wait for hin?"

"No, Alpha, I'll let everyone know."

As their conversation faded, I slipped away as quickly and quietly as I could, analyzing the conversation in my head. If they wanted to use me to steal the Silver Moon Pack's Luna, then that day their pack attacked us they found out somehow that he was here and came to rescue him and that day Kyle tried to kill me and my pul, I thought I heard a cry come from . . . I think I know where the missing Luna is. That gave me a way to get revenge.  I'm going to help my mate and their pack rescue their Luna.