Challenged

Sheila's pov

Noone tries to take my man! I don't even know what possessed that little whore to lie to Alpha Devlin's about being his mate anyway, everyone knows I'm his mate, handpicked by the current Alpha himself and some little upstart thinks he can just come here with my mate's mark on his neck and get away with it?! I mean sure, I may have cheated on him with one of his friends, but that doesn't mean that I don't love him . . . I just had needs that he wasn't fulfilling at the time. I stalked into the house, throwing my purse across the table hard enough to make several of the dishes crash to the floor. I'm going to kill him!

"Calm down. "

I whirl around to see Alpha Charlie behind me.

"We have to get rid of him! Devlin is mine, you promised!"

"And he will be if you calm down and play your cards right. I won't allow you to screw this up like you did five years ago."

"It . . . It wasn't my fault! Someone spiked the punch that night, besides if you wouldn't have pushed him so hard, he never would have wanted to leave in the first place."

"He's the future Alpha of this pack, you're just a hired whore that was supposed to make sure he had no reason to leave."

"I did everything I could, I even let you get me pregnant so I could pass the baby off as his and drugged him so he would think we slept together, if you wouldn't have had him beaten that night I told him he was a father, he would have eventually agreed to mark me."

"Where is my son anyway?"

I crossed my hands over my chest and shrugged a shoulder.

"Probably running around somewhere with his little friends. Look, I have a plan to get Devlin back here for good, but it's risky."

"Do what you have to do."

A few minutes later, Alpha Charlie left and headed for my brother's room, shivering in disgust when I saw his pet snake, Rodney curled up on his usual rock, enjoying the warmth of his heat lamp.

"He'll get over it, after all it's just a stupid snake."

Acting quickly, I grabbed one of my brother's discarded t-tshirts and quickly wrapped the snake inside of it, making sure it couldn't move. Smirking I made my way back into the kitchen, picking up my purse and stuffing the snake inside.

"What were you doing?"

I rolled my eyes at the annoying sound of my brother, Henry behind me before plastering a fake smile on my face.

"I'm just going over to get to know Alpha Devlin's new mate, Jerry."

"You mean joel? Leave him alone, sister."

"Henry, you really need to stop making friends with our enemies after all, isn't that why you have noone but that snake of yours right now?"

Henry scoffed at me, heading in the direction of his room.

"Whatever, I'm going to milk Rodney today. He hasn't been milked in a while, so don't come in my room until I give the okay."

"Yeah, yeah."

I listened to Henry's footsteps disappear into his room and rushed out the door before he realized Rodney was gone.

'Thanks for the information little brother and you don't have to worry, your new pal Jerry will make sure Rodney gets milked for you.'

Henry's pov

Entering my room, I sat my book bag on the bed and walked over to my desk, opening the second drawer to take out a nice sized glass jar that I'd covered in plastic wrap held in place by a rubber band.