Jealousy And Beyond

Kyle's pov

It's time for me to move on, there's no chance that Joel will forgive me for what I put him through, and even if he was willing to forgive me, I wouldn't let him, I don't deserve his forgiveness. That's why I came up with a way to make sure he never forgives me, I'm going mate Joey. I thought it would be easy, but as soon as I walked into my room and saw him sitting there, I became angry all over again. I mean, this is the guy that sent pictures of himself with other men to tear my relationship with his brother apart. A part of me wanted to ask him why . . . even if he was in love with me, why did he have to go that far, knowing that I would hate him when I found out the truth? I studied him for several seconds as he worked on some paper at the desk in my room, before walking up behind him.

"I've decided to mate you."

Joey's head jerked up, his shock filled eyes meeting mine.

"Why would you do that, don't you hate me?"

"My reasons are none of your business . . . be ready for my announcement tomorrow."

"What about Joel?"

"What about him?"

"You're his mate, right? I mean don't you still love him?"

I had to hold back a growl at Joey's callous words, knowing if I gave in to my anger, I would seriously hurt him.

"Don't. You have no right to question my feelings, you weren't concerned about your brother when you sent me those pictures or decided to fall into bed with me, so don't act like you've developed a conscience all of a sudden."

"You may not believe this, but I do love my brother, it's just that I . . . I love you so much more."

"You're right, I don't believe you. We both know you don't love anyone more than you love yourself. Now finish your homework . . . I'm going out and when I come back we're going to your house to collect your stuff."

Joey stared at me silent and unmoving, except for his fingers, which tightened their hold on the pen he was holding. Finally he spoke up, his voice heavy with confusion.

"What? Why?"

"You're moving in with me."

"Are. . . Are you serious?!"

Hearing the happiness in his voice, I glared at him and the smile on his face quickly fell away.

"Don't get any ideas, it's just for show. Making everyone think we're in love with each other won't be easy, considering your brother is my former mate, so you're going to do what I tell you to make them believe us."

"Please, if you'd give me a chance, I know I could make you happy."

I could feel myself shutting down at his desperate plea and a humorless smile crossed my lips, before falling away quickly.

"You stole my happiness Joey. You ruined my life with your own hands . . . I think you've done enough."

Joey lowered his head, nodding slowly as I turned to make my way out of the room. I stopped and after a few minutes Joey lifted his head to look up at me.

"Before I go, I want to know what Jason did to Joel."

I saw a slight shiver go through him and I knew he wasn't going to tell me anything. The next words out of his mouth proved me right.

"Nothing. It was an empty threat."

"Rule number one, Joey, don't think I'm stupid enough not to know when you're lying to me."