Broken Ties

Joel's pov

I was feeling so many things all at once, disbelief from the unexpected news, excitement that something so wonderful was happening to me . . . to us, and most of all fear . . . what if he wasn't happy? What if he pushed me away? Taking a deep breath, I pushed my fear aside, Kyle loved me, he would never turn against me. A calm smile touched my lips as I pressed a hand to my stomach.

"Time to let your daddy know about you, little one."

"Joel, is that you?"

Something in Kyle's voice set off warning bells in my head and I wish I had listened, but unfortunately I pushed my bad feeling aside and turned the knob, making my way inside.

"Hey, baby, there's something___________."

"Who are they?"

"What?"

"I asked you who they are."

"I don't understand, I_______________."

"Were they better than me? Was it worth it?"

"Are you accusing me of cheating on you?"

"Thats right, you little slut."

A shocked gasp escaped me, before I managed to calm myself down.

"Alright, I'm going to go."

His angry growl was my only warning as he leapt from his chair and came rushing towards me.

"You're not going anywhere, you stupid whore!"

Backing away until the wall behind me, I could only stare at him in horror as his eyes turned from their usual gorgeous green color to a terrifying pitch black. He stroked finger down my cheek mockingly and as he reached my neck, he suddenly grabbed my throat, choking me.

"You know, when I got the pictures, I wanted to beg you not to cheat on me anymore . . . I wanted to tell you that I loved you, that I could be enough for you. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized you weren't worth it. I mean why would I be mated with a pathetic loser like you anyway?"

Tears started to pour down my face at his cruel words and a lump in my throat prevented me from speaking. He tightened his grip until I could started to feel dizzy.

"Answer me!"

"Y-You shouldn't."

"That's right . . . I've always been too good for you Joel. Do you know how many times I was approached by people wanting to be my mate, but I turned them all down because I thought that I could trust you. Don't worry, I'll never make that mistake again . . . after today I never want to see you again."

Trembling, I placed a comforting hand on my stomach. A bitter laugh dragged my attention back to him.

"Are you kidding me? You really went and got yourself knocked up?"

"I___________________."

"And you came here thinking I would take care of another guy's kid? Or did you come to rub it in my face?"

His grip on my throat became stronger with each word he spoke and I knew that if I didn't get away he could kill me. Letting my claws push through my skin, I scratched his hand and he released his hold on me. I tried to crawl away, but he grabbed me around the waist, dragging me towards his bed and throwing me on it.

"What are you doing?! Let me go!"

Laughing at the hoarseness of my voice, he pinned my hands over my head and used his knees to force my legs apart.

"I don't think so, I mean shouldn't I get something to make up for all the time I wasted with you? And you shouldn't mind anyway, I mean you spread your legs so easily, right?"

He leaned down to kiss me and I turned away, knowing that the minute his lips touched mine I would forgive every hurt he caused me.

"What, now that you have other options, I'm not good enough to kiss you anymore?"

"You're going to regret thus."

"Oh, I don't think so."

"I can't believe I fell in love with you."

Feeling his weight lifting from me, I sat up, staring at him in confusion.

"Get out."

"Kyle, please______________!"

"I said get out!"

The need to hurt him as much as he hurt me filled me and I blurted out the first thing I could think of.

"I didn't cheat on you, but it doesn't matter because even when the truth comes out, I'll never forgive you . . . I hate you and wish you were never my mate."

Making my way to my feet, I pushed past him and rushed from the room without looking back.